Game Thread: TOR @ CHW, 6/6/12, 7:10pm

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
You hear what Mr. Funny Guy Ryan Dempster said today about being traded to the Sox? When asked by Waddle and Silvy about being traded to a team 10 miles south, he said "I didn't know there was a team there".

I have felt that way about the North side team for 41 years.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
He hit two balls hard tonight. He'll be fine, but Alexei is just having a miserable season.

I can't remember the last time I've even raised an eyebrow when Lexi has hit a ball in the air. He has shown absolutely zero power this season.

Meh, the Jays are a really well put together team. They compete in a REAL DIVISION every year. They've got a smart GM and so much power (and it's not Dunn-age and higher).

I'm happy that the SOX are where they are; totally never expected them to be doing this well.

This is a s*** division and if we continue to pwn the Toons and Twins, I don't see any reason to panic.

Detroit may be the 06 SOX.

Just one of those games. You could see a CG coming from a mile away

gotta steal one tomorrow...

I just don't want this to slip the team into a huge funk now that they're in 1st. They can't got back to being another .500 finish.... Just gotta accept that Toronto just has this teams number and focus on everyone else, including beating up on the NL and wining in Division.

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
Meh, the Jays are a really well put together team. They compete in a REAL DIVISION every year. They've got a smart GM and so much power (and it's not Dunn-age and higher).

I'm happy that the SOX are where they are; totally never expected them to be doing this well.

This is a s*** division and if we continue to pwn the Toons and Twins, I don't see any reason to panic.

Detroit may be the 06 SOX.

Except that team was 26 games over .500 at the ASB and STILL in second place to the Tigers.

Better to say DET might be like the 2011 White Sox, in terms of pre-season expectations.

Except that team was 26 games over .500 at the ASB and STILL in second place to the Tigers.

Better to say DET might be like the 2011 White Sox, in terms of pre-season expectations.

No, I'm saying they were the all out favorite to win the division and ended third.

Like....Detroit is sitting...now.

I'm not talking about records; Central was actually a tough division then (3 90+ win teams).

I was just talking about the competition WITHIN the division, bud.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
No, I'm saying they were the all out favorite to win the division and ended third.

Like....Detroit is sitting...now.

I'm not talking about records; Central was actually a tough division then (3 90+ win teams).

I was just talking about the competition WITHIN the division, bud.

Okay, buckaroo.

Didn't think about it because of the relative weakness in the division this year, vis a vis 2006.

And the Tigers weren't coming off a World Series appearance.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
What a lousy game tonight. I pity the poor fans who picked this one to attend.

Yuk.

White Sox can't win at home.

Can't beat the Blue Jays (not unlike the Twins and Royals).

No homers.

Boo!!!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 05:30 AM)
White Sox can't win at home.

Can't beat the Blue Jays (not unlike the Twins and Royals).

No homers.

Boo!!!

Glad to see I can stir up so many emotions in people.