2012-2013 NBA thread

Nate Robinson is bad. He's incredibly streaky, but when he hits two shots in a row he gets the idea that he's suddenly Michael Jordan and tries to start doing things that he can't do. Add in the fact that he doesn't involve anyone else on the offensive end of the floor, and it's not pretty.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate Robinson is bad. He's incredibly streaky, but when he hits two shots in a row he gets the idea that he's suddenly Michael Jordan and tries to start doing things that he can't do. Add in the fact that he doesn't involve anyone else on the offensive end of the floor, and it's not pretty.

eh? He's averaging 4.6 assists in 21 minutes of play. He also shot 8/14 today. Turnovers were his problem.

Carlos Boozer 0-5 in 26 minutes of play and a defensive turnstyle. Get mad at him. He's giving us scrub like numbers while pulling down a Karl Malone-like salary.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
eh? He's averaging 4.6 assists in 21 minutes of play. He also shot 8/14 today. Turnovers were his problem.

Carlos Boozer 0-5 in 26 minutes of play and a defensive turnstyle. Get mad at him. He's giving us scrub like numbers while pulling down a Karl Malone-like salary.

This exactly. Nate actually racks up assists at a pretty good rate, but his problems have always been turnovers. He has a good sense when he's on and when he's off. Boozer has been much better this year, but he must get used to being the man every game.

BTW, if Phil takes over, I think that's worse for Nash and Dwight than the Princeton which was actually working great. Their defense is what's been horrible. Princeton helps distribute the ball evenly and get everyone involved. That's what this Lakers team needs so no one cries about not getting the ball. Plus it helps Kobe shoot at a very efficient clip and Dwight get the ball in much better position.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
This exactly. Nate actually racks up assists at a pretty good rate, but his problems have always been turnovers. He has a good sense when he's on and when he's off. Boozer has been much better this year, but he must get used to being the man every game.

Nate Robinson has a career AST% of 20.9... that's far from a "pretty good rate" for a point guard. In fact, it's pretty godawful. Admittedly his rate this season is better than that (*cough* sample size), and his rate last season (31.8) was at least serviceable, but let's not pretend he's a good distributor. He's a 5'9" shoot-first point guard, except historically he hasn't shot very well (career 52.3 TS%, which is pretty much average).

He had a pretty good second half tonight because he was able to stay in control and not get too caught up in the fact that he was making a couple of jump shots. That's about it, though.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
Nate Robinson has a career AST% of 20.9... that's far from a "pretty good rate" for a point guard. In fact, it's pretty godawful. Admittedly his rate this season is better than that (*cough* sample size), and his rate last season (31.8) was at least serviceable, but let's not pretend he's a good distributor. He's a 5'9" shoot-first point guard, except historically he hasn't shot very well (career 52.3 TS%, which is pretty much average).

He had a pretty good second half tonight because he was able to stay in control and not get too caught up in the fact that he was making a couple of jump shots. That's about it, though.

His assists per 36 minutes has been over 7 and is at 7.9 this year. Yes, that's a pretty damn good clip, especially considering he's never been playing primarily with starters, but rather bench players. And when he's come into games, he's usually the best scorer on the floor for his team, so of course, for the most part, he's going to volume shoot. He takes maybe 1 or 2 shots out of the offense. Nothing more.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
His assists per 36 minutes has been over 7 and is at 7.9 this year. Yes, that's a pretty damn good clip, especially considering he's never been playing primarily with starters, but rather bench players. And when he's come into games, he's usually the best scorer on the floor for his team, so of course, for the most part, he's going to volume shoot. He takes maybe 1 or 2 shots out of the offense. Nothing more.

His assists per 36 is actually 6.6 this year, not 7.9, but that's irrelevant. His career AST/36 is 4.4. His career assist percentage is 20.9%. Over the last three years, his assist percentage is 25.9. He's not a passer.

What do you trust more, his six games this year, or his 448 games BEFORE this year?

...you would be correct, he's scheduled to have an MRI today for a glute/hamstring issue

if you guys think Nate is a bad passer, wait till we get Teague playing serious minutes. Oh boy. I'm not looking forward to that.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
...you would be correct, he's scheduled to have an MRI today for a glute/hamstring issue

if you guys think Nate is a bad passer, wait till we get Teague playing serious minutes. Oh boy. I'm not looking forward to that.

At least when Teague is getting minutes we are (hopefully) developing a good player for the future.

meh I really didn't understand the pick and I am not impressed with what I've seen thus far. People keep telling me he's raw but talent should still show. We need shooting/scoring talent very badly, I don't see it from Teague. He's quick and he can get to the basket, thats the only good thing I can see from him.

I dont know that Nate is a bad passer. I know he is a non-passer. Last night at one point Stacey King said he had 17 points and 1 assist. As the primary PG for most of that game, thats pretty bad.

His streaks are extreme both ways, he either gives you an amazing couple quarters that will completely lift your team or a bonehead couple of quarters where he takes your team out of the game.

Lakers hire D'Antoni. 4 years. Lakers say, "Phil wanted the world." And why wouldn't he? They needed him much more than he needed them.

ESPN treating this story as if I should drop my jaw at the news. Yawn. Retread.

I heard that Phil wanted to skip some road games and let his assistants handle game-day shootarounds.

I don't know how big a deal the shootaround is, but if I'm hiring a coach I think I want him at all the games, especially at the price Phil would command.

Apparently Phil is surprised at the D'Antoni hire. He expected to be brought on board.

Isn't D'Antoni a no-D kind of coach? Do the Lakers have enough legs to run a high-tempo game with no D?

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 05:57 AM)
Lakers hire D'Antoni. 4 years. Lakers say, "Phil wanted the world." And why wouldn't he? They needed him much more than he needed them.

ESPN treating this story as if I should drop my jaw at the news. Yawn. Retread.

Steve Nash just creamed. I'm surprise Kobe allowed this.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
I'd appreciate it if Taj played more than 21 minutes/game

In the world of my nba 2k13 season, where nobody cares, I dealt Boozer and a f***ton of draft picks to the Thunder for Kevin Martin. Taj is starting and beasting. Oh, they also wanted Nate Robinson.

Best videogame ever, btw.

Teague can probably beat Nate in the fun dunk contest, though!