2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
Because the only reputable site, Rotoworld, has yet to declare who the Bulls active list is for tonight, and that includes updates on Taj and Hinrich.

Add that to the fact that Steve was told that Rose was going to be playing tonight.

Maybe hell be wrong, but he feels confident in his source and that is his call not mine.

OMG I GOT IT, STEVE6564456 IS DERRICK ROSE

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)
Only reason Soxbadger is posting so much is because he's involved with the site.

BTW Badger, Cowley saying "not playing" doesn't stir the pot, and he's probably dealing with real sources.

OMG Im driven by self interest.

Cowley's source was Thibs quote, which was that Rose was UNLIKELY to play.

Steve's source is someone else and is saying that he was told Rose would play.

If you dont want that type of rumor, dont read it. Ive yet to see anyone make a credible argument why Steve shouldnt post information that he believes is credible.

It would be one thing if Steve completely made this up, its another when he legitimately believes that he has information.

Maybe he is wrong, maybe this kills the website. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
Please put me on ignore.

Thanks in advance.

You're probably perfectly enjoyable in person, but my god reading your some of your long-winded posts arguing the dumbest of points simply for the sake of arguing makes me feel like I'm having a brain aneurysm. I will not put someone intelligent on ignore, but please try to keep your points short and focused.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
OMG Im driven by self interest.

Cowley's source was Thibs quote, which was that Rose was UNLIKELY to play.

Steve's source is someone else and is saying that he was told Rose would play.

If you dont want that type of rumor, dont read it. Ive yet to see anyone make a credible argument why Steve shouldnt post information that he believes is credible.

It would be one thing if Steve completely made this up, its another when he legitimately believes that he has information.

Maybe he is wrong, maybe this kills the website. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yeah, you are.

I think you missed my point. No one gives a f*** about Cowley saying he's not playing. Had Steve come out and said Rose isn't playing, no one would have cared, that's status quo right now.

People have made plenty of credible arguments. Steve didn't exactly stand behind all this, he heard something through the grapevine and tried to make it much bigger than it was for website hits, figuring if he's right then he wins the lottery, if not, still got hits, for whatever that accomplishes.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
You're probably perfectly enjoyable in person, but my god reading your some of your long-winded posts arguing the dumbest of points simply for the sake of arguing makes me feel like I'm having a brain aneurysm. I will not put someone intelligent on ignore, but please try to keep your points short and focused.

You should change your name to something worthwhile and then post more.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
Add that to the fact that Steve was told that Rose was going to be playing tonight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
I'm not going to say the direct connection, but a friend of mine has an uncle who is a big deal and has his own box who was told to make sure he was there on Monday. I ran with it.

Those sound like two very different statements.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:35 PM)
Those sound like two very different statements.

Steve told me the exact quote.

So what I am saying is not any different, Steve just parsed it for this message board.

For example, if the statement was "You should be there on monday because Rose is playing"

I would think that is enough to go on.

But that is up to Steve, I dont know these people, I cant verify their credibility.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
I would think that is enough to go on.

You really should take a journalism class or something before you try writing things about which statements you can/can't go on.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
Wait a minute. Badger is with that site, too? lol. no wonder he won't stfu. Oh my goodness. I thought he was, at least in his mind, trying to make a legitimate argument. add badger to the list of those (manti, obama and steve) that shall forever rest in peace.

Why? I said not to believe it multiple times.

I even came on this site and asked why were people believing it?

Not that I really care, its not like I post a ton of rumors and hope that people think Im a good source.

Im not a good source, lets make that clear.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:39 PM)
The reason he needs to be there tonight is because you never pass up an opportunity to watch Ty Lawson. But hey, way to jump to conclusions.

Also, a ticket sales/corporate services/premium seating representative telling the friend's uncle ANYTHING has literally no weight whatsoever. People in those departments have literally no inside information on what the basketball operations is doing, and it's kind of silly to assume that they would.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
You really should take a journalism class or something before you try writing things about which statements you can/can't go on.

As soon as "real" news outlets follow http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

I will too.

But Im not holding Steve, or anyone, to a higher standard than professionals in the same field.

That is flat out nonsense.

— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.

See bold for why sport's journalism is a joke.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:44 PM)
As soon as "real" news outlets follow http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

I will too.

But Im not holding Steve, or anyone, to a higher standard than professionals in the same field.

That is flat out nonsense.

— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.

See bold for why sport's journalism is a joke.

Was he not able to identify his source?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:45 PM)
Was he not able to identify his source?

Nope he was asked not to.

Which should be an indication of the reliability.

Whenever you dont read a sources name, you should not believe its true.

If the source wont put there name to a statement, you should not believe its true.