2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
NBA upgrades Taj Gibson's foul on Lebron to flagrant

They clearly don't know what a flagrant foul is then.

Taj had no intentions of hurting LeBron, unlike that shoulder LeBron tried on Boozer.

So, because Felix posting by himself was depressing, looks like the Sky will likely get Skylar Diggins or Elena Delle Donne. They are both good enough and pretty enough to possibly be marketable in Chicago. Just an interesting thought.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
So, because Felix posting by himself was depressing, looks like the Sky will likely get Skylar Diggins or Elena Delle Donne. They are both good enough and pretty enough to possibly be marketable in Chicago. Just an interesting thought.

It would be nice to be able to root for Diggins finally. She knocked out my high school girls team four straight years in sectionals or regionals after realignment.

Why is this in the NBA thread? There's a WNBA thread isn't there?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
Why is this in the NBA thread? There's a WNBA thread isn't there?

Nah, it's gone, hence why I mentioned depressing Felix.

And I just find it interesting that the Sky might actually have a marketable player

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 07:52 AM)
It would be nice to be able to root for Diggins finally. She knocked out my high school girls team four straight years in sectionals or regionals after realignment.

There is about a 5% chance they draft Diggins. Delle Donne is heads and heels above her, and pretty much a near lock for the #2 pick. The only conceviable reason they'd draft Diggins is because of her celebrity status and the local factor, but even that's not enough of a reason to take her over someone like Delle Donne.

Either way, it'll be nice for the Sky to finally have some help for Sylvia Fowles. It's embarrassing how bad their management has handled putting talent around her.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Nah, it's gone, hence why I mentioned depressing Felix.

And I just find it interesting that the Sky might actually have a marketable player

I wonder why...

This thread has become unreadable.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
I wonder why...

This thread has become unreadable.

It becomes unreadable when posts like this get in the middle of two people conversing about a different subject within the same sport.

Grow up, if you don't like the post then don't comment.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
It becomes unreadable when posts like this get in the middle of two people conversing about a different subject within the same sport.

Grow up, if you don't like the post then don't comment.

Cool, good to know you can talk about anything as long as it's basketball...it's named the NBA thread but you might want to change it to the basketball thread because NBA thread implies it's about, oh I don't know, the NBA? Hell, let's talk NCAA basketball here too, same sport right? Oh but that's right, there's a NCAA thread because there's an interest in it.

Siena beat Barcelona 77-69, was a great game!

Ask yourself why there isn't a WNBA thread (hint, no one gives a s***) but whatever, this thread sucks nowadays.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
Cool, good to know you can talk about anything as long as it's basketball...it's named the NBA thread but you might want to change it to the basketball thread because NBA thread implies it's about, oh I don't know, the NBA? Hell, let's talk NCAA basketball here too, same sport right? Oh but that's right, there's a NCAA thread because there's an interest in it.

Ask yourself why there isn't a WNBA thread (hint, no one gives a s***) but whatever, this thread sucks nowadays.

Oh this wnba talk is so overwhelming that it has taken it 4 posts among 6000. Oh the humanity! It had stopped all of this NBA talk dead in the water! This thread will never be the same!

Quit crying

Dude holy s***.

Note to self: Don't mention Mirotic in this thread.

lol

Are you really so insecure about yourself that three posts about the WNBA infuriated you to the point where you had to create a thread mocking the entire league?

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
Are you really so insecure about yourself that three posts about the WNBA infuriated you to the point where you had to create a thread mocking the entire league?

lol

It's actually going to be a pretty interesting year in the WNBA this year. Phoenix's tankjob has basically gifted them with a studly team, but LA and Minnesota aren't slouches either. Tulsa will be better too, although probably a year or two away from really competing with the top 3 in the West. They could easily steal the 4th playoff spot away from San Antonio, though.

Add in Connecticut and Indiana out East and there are 5 or 6 teams that could win the title without it being much of a surprise. Phoenix is probably the favorite, but they have some serious defensive issues that Griner won't be able to fix by herself.