2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
It's actually going to be a pretty interesting year in the WNBA this year. Phoenix's tankjob has basically gifted them with a studly team, but LA and Minnesota aren't slouches either. Tulsa will be better too, although probably a year or two away from really competing with the top 3 in the West. They could easily steal the 4th playoff spot away from San Antonio, though.

Add in Connecticut and Indiana out East and there are 5 or 6 teams that could win the title without it being much of a surprise. Phoenix is probably the favorite, but they have some serious defensive issues that Griner won't be able to fix by herself.

l-1582.jpg

So nobody really talked about the Heat beating the Spurs on the road without James, Wade, and Chalmers. Look at that starting 5 around Bosh. Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Norris Cole, and Udonis Haslem? Gross.

I remember a few pages back some people were completely underselling Bosh's value and basically said that Lebron would still win even if he was still with the Cavs. I think Sunday is a pretty good indicator of how valuable Bosh still is (he's just the third option now) and how good the Heat play defense as a team. 86 points to the Spurs in San Antonio is pretty damn impressive.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
So nobody really talked about the Heat beating the Spurs on the road without James, Wade, and Chalmers. Look at that starting 5 around Bosh. Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Norris Cole, and Udonis Haslem? Gross.

I remember a few pages back some people were completely underselling Bosh's value and basically said that Lebron would still win even if he was still with the Cavs. I think Sunday is a pretty good indicator of how valuable Bosh still is (he's just the third option now) and how good the Heat play defense as a team. 86 points to the Spurs in San Antonio is pretty damn impressive.

This.

I thought the only team that would stand a chance against the Heat was San Antonio, but they just don't have the athleticism. They might get 2 out of 6.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 07:49 AM)
This.

I thought the only team that would stand a chance against the Heat was San Antonio, but they just don't have the athleticism. They might get 2 out of 6.

Well, if it goes to 6, the Spurs would have to win 2 ;) :lol:

Depleted Bulls beat full strength Heat -- luck, chance, nothing to look into. Just a single game, after all.

Depleted Heat beat full strength Spurs -- THE HEAT ARE f***ING AMAZING LOOK AT HOW GREAT BOSH IS

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
The spurs are full strength? Didn't I just read they lost Ginobili for about 3 weeks? Did that happen after the Heat game?

They are better when Manu is not on the floor. Dude's brutal now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
I wonder if God knows when he'll be healthy too.

Reggie said: "I tore my ACL in college also, so it's about trusting his body. Once he learns to trust his body and says that thing is ready, then we'll put him out there. But other than that, if the Bulls are in a playoff chase or whatever and they try to pressure him back … we're just not going to pressure him back. That's the way we're looking at it."

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 06:59 AM)
For the first time in NBA history the league will have zero 20 point 10 rebound players. Tim Duncan is the only player averaging 20 and 10 per 36 apparently (and he's 36). Kind of crazy.

Obviously this is a category that quality big men own. For those who believe that humans have evolved over the last 30 years and endlessly spout off the mantra "bigger, stronger, faster!", I ask...where are the 7"0 freaks of nature??? Shouldn't we be having more of those than less? No one has come up with an answer. The last player who fits that description was drafted in '92.

LBJ and KD, who aren't big men but rather big for their positions, are outliers.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1