2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
Neither the pacers or the Bulls should ever be in a series with the talent Miami has. In this series Miami has the three best players on the floor. What else do you call a team that is underachieving its talent this much? If it were the Sox you'd be creaming for a sell off.

Dude, just say you don't like the Heat and leave it at that. And you got me confused with Marty.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
Dude, just say you don't like the Heat and leave it at that. And you got me confused with Marty.

I don't like the heat. The thing is I have hated the pacers for 25 years now. Miami shouldn't be in a real series with this team, especially with Danny Granger out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)
I don't like the heat. The thing is I have hated the pacers for 25 years now. Miami shouldn't be in a real series with this team, especially with Danny Granger out.

I'll agree with you if they actually lose. In your mind, if they don't go fo, fo, fo, fo, they're vastly underperforming. Nobody cares how many games it takes you to win the title as long as you win it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)

Do you really think Miami should have just went 16 and 0 this post season? Miami is really talented but they do have weaknesses which just happen to be Indiana strengths. Pretty tough to just steamroll trough the playoffs no matter how good you are.

Neither the pacers or the Bulls should ever be in a series with the talent Miami has. In this series Miami has the three best players on the floor. What else do you call a team that is underachieving its talent this much? If it were the Sox you'd be creaming for a sell off.

What exactly do you consider their ceiling to be if they're "underachieving" with an NBA title and 66 wins? That doesn't even make sense. Good teams do occasionally lose games.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
Do you really think Miami should have just went 16 and 0 this post season? Miami is really talented but they do have weaknesses which just happen to be Indiana strengths. Pretty tough to just steamroll trough the playoffs no matter how good you are.

If they had actually the defended the inbounds in game one, the Pacers would be up 3-1. As is they are tied at 2. If Miami were really as good as people want us to believe, yes, they would steamroll through the playoffs. Are they good? Sure. As they as good as they think they are and ESPN wants you to believe? Not even close. You kill teams when you have a talent gap like Miami does with the Pacers or Bulls. Instead they are giving them pretty even series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:32 PM)
You mean like last year when they were down 2-1, 3-2 and 1-0 in successive series? Let's not get excited yet. Making it a tough series and actually winning it are two very different things (90's Knicks)..

This.

I love it when you make good posts.

Find another thread. No one anywhere is taking Chris Bosh over Paul George or Roy Hibbert right now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2013 -> 07:58 AM)
I'll play meathead - although accurate meathead.

Michael Jordan would have NEVER done that.

"I don't even know how to flop"- Lebron James, a few days ago.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
Find another thread. No one anywhere is taking Chris Bosh over Paul George or Roy Hibbert right now.

Would you take Wade over George?

I dont even think it is meathead to say that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)

I seriously think Lebron and Wade's styles (probably moreso Lebron's) have been a detriment to Bosh's game. The guy averaged 24 and 11 with a PER of 25 his last year in Toronto. He averaged over 22 PPG on pretty good efficiency 5 straight years in Toronto. He would probably be the best big man in the NBA if he had his own team.

He's been given the role of being a spot-up shooter and it seems like it has really made him less aggressive. Why is he a spot-up shooter? It's all about spacing for Lebron (and somewhat Wade).

QUOTE (bmags @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
Would you take Wade over George?

Today? Like, for a game TODAY? I still go Wade.

I hate him, but probably. It's incredibly close. Wade is better at consistently getting to the line, and knees be damned, I think he could still dominate a game if #6 wasn't rightfully in charge.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 29, 2013 -> 07:25 AM)

Doyel is such a hack/hit whore, but I agree with the message. Apparently he and Dan Le Batard had a "twitter battle" yesterday over that column, which was read by Le Batard during his radio show. I'm not sure what there is to disagree about.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

What's sad is watching West's reaction. It's so fast it's almost involuntary. It's second nature. And it too is a complete flop.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
I seriously think Lebron and Wade's styles (probably moreso Lebron's) have been a detriment to Bosh's game. The guy averaged 24 and 11 with a PER of 25 his last year in Toronto. He averaged over 22 PPG on pretty good efficiency 5 straight years in Toronto. He would probably be the best big man in the NBA if he had his own team.

He's been given the role of being a spot-up shooter and it seems like it has really made him less aggressive. Why is he a spot-up shooter? It's all about spacing for Lebron (and somewhat Wade).

The Heat definitely hurt his production, but I wouldn't go that far. He's one of the most skilled and versatile bigs in the league, but there were serious questions about his interior defense before he went to Miami. His time in South Beach hasn't changed that, especially since his rebounding is getting progressively worse. I'd have killed to have him on the Bulls instead of Boozer, but there are definitely teams that would rather have someone like Marc Gasol that can protect the paint more effectively.

Getting back to the original comment, I still think pretty much every GM would take him over Hibbert (though that's a terrible matchup for Bosh head-to-head), but many of them would take George at this point since he's a lot younger and could take the leap in the near future.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
Doyel is such a hack/hit whore, but I agree with the message. Apparently he and Dan Le Batard had a "twitter battle" yesterday over that column, which was read by Le Batard during his radio show. I'm not sure what there is to disagree about.

Legler was all over him this morning on SC. Wade is a flopper and is now a dirty player, its an accurate column.