2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Today? Like, for a game TODAY? I still go Wade.

I hate him, but probably. It's incredibly close. Wade is better at consistently getting to the line, and knees be damned, I think he could still dominate a game if #6 wasn't rightfully in charge.

I think I would go George.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone at the league office reads the internet:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story...-fined-flopping

MIAMI -- The NBA handed down a flurry of discipline for flopping and flagrant fouls from Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals, including a $5,000 fine to LeBron James.

Both James and David West were fined $5,000 for flopping on the same play from the fourth quarter of the Indiana Pacers' win over the Miami Heat on Tuesday. West was fighting for position on the play, and both recoiled when there was contact in the lane.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
Do you really think Miami should have just went 16 and 0 this post season? Miami is really talented but they do have weaknesses which just happen to be Indiana strengths. Pretty tough to just steamroll trough the playoffs no matter how good you are.

Spurs are doing it with a lot less hype and a tougher conference.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2013 -> 12:32 PM)

The Spurs haven't really been much better, they were a Manu buzzer-beater away from being down 3-1 to a decent but not stellar Golden State team that had David Lee at less than 100%. One close game going the other way for either team and they have the same number of losses so far.

Their schedule hasn't exactly been a murderer's row either; the Lakers were roadkill without Kobe and Memphis is similar to Indiana. The only real difference is Miami got a banged up Chicago team instead of a mid-40's win Warriors team (again, with one of their best players barely on the floor).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2013 -> 12:32 PM)

I don't know about that tough conference jazz. The Grizzlies? The Thunder without Westbrook? Snore.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
I don't know about that tough conference jazz. The Grizzlies? The Thunder without Westbrook? Snore.

No Kobe, Gallinari, Lee, Westbrook. That tough conference has a crazy amount of key players hurt.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
In the east no rose or granger either.

The difference is both of those guys were out the whole season (well, basically the whole season for Granger) while the guys on the west are more recent injuries. The Thunder without Westbrook isn't the same team that won 60 games in the regular season, the Lakers without Kobe isn't the same team we saw in the regular season, ect.

Can someone explain to me how Mohammed shoves LeBron to the ground and gets thrown out, but Birdman shoulders Hansbrough to the ground and then shoves him, and he doesn't get ejected?

This is the type of s*** that annoys me so much about the NBA. The complete lack of consistency. (Yes, I know, it's nothing new.)

Edit:

TNT answered my question. The NBA rewards flopping.

Edited by SexiAlexei

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)
Stephenson in foul trouble and their bench sucks. Granger at 70% would help them a lot.

I missed the 2nd foul he committed. I should have looked at the box score.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
Can someone explain to me how Mohammed shoves LeBron to the ground and gets thrown out, but Birdman shoulders Hansbrough to the ground and then shoves him, and he doesn't get ejected?

This is the type of s*** that annoys me so much about the NBA. The complete lack of consistency. (Yes, I know, it's nothing new.)

Edit:

TNT answered my question. The NBA rewards flopping.

This exactly.