2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 30, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
I'd be surprised if he gets more than the MLE. I think everyone knows his limitations.

Agreed. I really can't fathom giving him THAT much either, but there's always someone trying to give out a bad contract in the NBA

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
Rockets want Dwight.

So do lots of teams.

Are they getting the version from last year or the version that carried the Magic to the Finals or the version that dismantled the Magic while pouting for no good reason?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
So do lots of teams.

Are they getting the version from last year or the version that carried the Magic to the Finals or the version that dismantled the Magic while pouting for no good reason?

the second version has been around for about 3 years now. He seems like he is here to stay

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
the second version has been around for about 3 years now. He seems like he is here to stay

When did his production really fall off because of the back injury/surgery? I could readily be convinced that this entire season was just him recovering from that injury and last season was that injury getting worse...if my trainer told me so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
When did his production really fall off because of the back injury/surgery? I could readily be convinced that this entire season was just him recovering from that injury and last season was that injury getting worse...if my trainer told me so.

Legler was on this morning saying he didn't think Dwight would ever really play more than 70 games or so a year because of his injuries and the way he gets pounded due to his lack of free throwing ability.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)

The injury may get better, but the pouting doesnt seem like it is. Besides, we all know once you start messing with the back, things dont generally get back to normal.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 31, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
I know this is off topic, and it may be something I get flamed for (not for being off topic but for him being "awful") but...Am I the only one interested to see what Thibs can do with Hasheem Thabeet? Thibs'll fix em right?

What's his status now? Is he even under contract? Tell me more about his background and what he's been up to?

I mean, I can't imagine Thibs could fix a guy like Eddy Curry who couldn't keep his weight under control, but the Bulls are in need of a cheap backup big guy, maybe more than 1.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
What's his status now? Is he even under contract? Tell me more about his background and what he's been up to?

I mean, I can't imagine Thibs could fix a guy like Eddy Curry who couldn't keep his weight under control, but the Bulls are in need of a cheap backup big guy, maybe more than 1.

He played for OKC this year...11mpg 2.4pts 3 rebounds and a block a game.

7'3" with a 7'6" wingspan that if Thibs can get to play sound defense he could be an asset to this team....At the very least be a taller version of Asik.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 09:27 PM)
Lol. Maybe but the Pacers have been getting all the calls tonight.

There really hasn't been many calls at all, the refs have been swallowing the whistle a lot

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
gmab. The guy has career averages of 11.3 and 6.8. He's playing out of his mind right now. Get back to me when he does this for even half a year let alone a full year.

I'm pretty sure I told you that Miami was going to have a hard time with West and Hibbert, and that was your weak response.

Paul George only averaged 12.9 and 5.8 for his career too, so i guess he pretty much sucks in this series too, right?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
I'm pretty sure I told you that Miami was going to have a hard time with West and Hibbert, and that was your weak response.

There's a big difference between giving the Heat some problems and turning into pre-back surgery Dwight Howard. If something has clicked for him, great. The NBA needs great big men. But nobody came close to predicting what he's doing now. So I don't wanna hear it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
There's a big difference between giving the Heat some problems and turning into pre-back surgery Dwight Howard. If something has clicked for him, great. The NBA needs great big men. But nobody came close to predicting what he's doing now. So I don't wanna hear it.

***lalalafingersinmyears***

You declared this series over in the first game, dont give me "i dont want to hear it". Pretty sure you said it probably wont go past 5 games too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
***lalalafingersinmyears***

You declared this series over in the first game, dont give me "i dont want to hear it". Pretty sure you said it probably wont go past 5 games too

Yes, I had the Miami Heat winning this series in 5. Key words: Miami Heat. Not the Miami Cavaliers. I didn't know how banged up Wade was. Injuries have f***ed up this whole postseason.