2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
I plan on watching the Bruins/Pens game and flipping over to see what the score is in between stoppages. The NHL gets how to do playoffs better than any other sport.

And by that, you mean televising games on channels people don't watch or get?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 01:06 PM)
This is precisely why I don't give much thought to the NBA anymore. The last time I cared at all about the NBA was during the Jordan years, as entertaining as they were (it was a pleasure to root for a team that you knew were going to destroy an opponent before the game even started) the NBA playoffs were always fixed. The NBA made sure that most every series went 7 games, or at most 6, just to stretch out revenue. Most of the teams that the Bulls played had no business taking them that far. The Bulls - Nicks series ticked me off the most. The Nicks had no business winning 1 game against the Bulls, let alone taking a series to 6 or 7 games.

I can garuantee you the Heat will win the series because that's what the NBA wants.

I know it's nitpicking but it's Knicks (Knickerbockers) not Nicks.

NBA will have mad credibility if Indiana wins this game and a hell of a storyline for all of next season if Indiana wins. So much more LeBron-related coverage with a Heat loss.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
And by that, you mean televising games on channels people don't watch or get?

Word. My cable provider (Mediacom) doesn't offer NBCSN in HD in any of their plans. Just don't have it.

This talk about shot attempts is bogus. The reason he they aren't getting attempts is because they are playing like s***. You can't just fabricate good shots out of thin air. They have to beat the defense for that. If Bosh and Wade are forcing up shots just to get to some magical quota tonight, they'll lose.

Ref watch: every questionable call so far, to my eye, has gone the Heat's way. Sample size too small, for now. Not much being called either way

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
Shocked they didn't give Lebron that call at the end of the quarter.

That is because it was a foul. Hibbert jumped towards James there, he wasn't close to being vertical. Refs basically letting everything go right now though.