2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
Face it, none of the deals anyone has talked about involving either of those 2 really make sense for the other teams.

That is true, I just hate how this current Bulls front office really haven't done a good job.... We lucked into Drose and Noah. Wish they could do something to put this team in a better position for future given Rose injury.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Which may not even be possible, but it always feels like the Bulls lack creativity when it comes to making moves.

I feel that if the Bulls had a GM like KW, they would do more things. Maybe good, maybe bad, but at least not the status quo.

The cap makes it so much more difficult in that league.

Plus 1/2 the size rosters mean fewer players can be dealt in the first place.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
Listen. I'm not going to make this warning more then once. If people want to talk at TalkBulls they can, if they don't, they don't have to. This thread is open for discussion of all NBA related things (Bulls or Non Bulls).

Anymore discussion or this self moderation, everyone go here, needs to be cut-out. Soxtalk is what it is and it has great sports discussion (not just baseball). If people want to talk about the Bulls in this thread, then they are 100% entitled to do so (and no one should tell them otherwise).

I think Jason was hacked guys.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
The cap makes it so much more difficult in that league.

Plus 1/2 the size rosters mean fewer players can be dealt in the first place.

And no real minor league system.

Am I the only one that thinks Bradley Beal being called a sharpshooter is laughable? 77% FTs, 34% 3P? Wouldn't a guy being compared to Ray Allen at least shoot better than average in something?

He's compared to Ray Allen yet Allen shot over 40% from 3 all 3 years of college and shot at least 35% from 3 every year of his pro career. In other words he was never as mediocre as Beal.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
Am I the only one that thinks Bradley Beal being called a sharpshooter is laughable? 77% FTs, 34% 3P? Wouldn't a guy being compared to Ray Allen at least shoot better than average in something?

He's compared to Ray Allen yet Allen shot over 40% from 3 all 3 years of college and shot at least 35% from 3 every year of his pro career. In other words he was never as mediocre as Beal.

Pretty much everyone admits that he didn't shoot as well as his reputation in college. His other comp is Eric Gordon, who had some struggles at Indiana as well (yeah, he had a wrist injury for an excuse, but still).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
Who plays PG for Hornets?

I always felt Rivers was more SG

Yeah. Rivers+Gordon= second ball needed. I don't get it since they can match on Gordon and he's a better player.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
Yeah. Rivers+Gordon= second ball needed. I don't get it since they can match on Gordon and he's a better player.

I don't think Gordon wants to be in NO. They could trade him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't think Gordon wants to be in NO. They could trade him.

They'd have to trade him for it to make any sense. Even then, I'm not a big Rivers fan and I think they'd have to spend a fair amount to get to the league minimum.

Chad Ford's take on River from a Grantland article:

Here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act...

Lillard is a willing passer. Rivers isn't and will never be. Lillard made dramatic improvements from year to year. I thought Rivers was the exact player in college that he was in high school. Lillard is a team player. He was the second most efficient player in college basketball DESPITE being the only decent player on his entire roster; teams game planned to stop him and him alone every night. I just don't see Rivers ever being anywhere near as unselfish or efficient. I think Rivers will be shocked at the athleticism and length at his position. He'll try to do the same things at which he excelled in high school, spend a lot of time on the bench, get into it with his coach and teammates, get traded in a year or two to a desperate team, put up huge numbers for a cellar-dweller for a year or two, make some money, and eventually, teams will realize he can't be the alpha dog on a winning team.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
76ers draft another player who is exactly the same as all of the other players they have.

What the hell.

Yeah, very odd. Even if you trade Iguodala, you still have Turner and Young. I have no idea why they don't take a shot at Jones. Yeah, it's risky, but they need to try to get an impact big if they're going to get anywhere.