2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....a back up PG, yay?

He's another ball handler and another creator but he's not going to be on the court at the same time as D.Rose so he doesn't really help us.

I suppose he's just going to be a replacement for C.J. Watson? Except a worse shooting C.J. Watson...

meh, boring pick.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:58 PM)
He can't rebound and has no offensive game to be found. Anyone would be better. He's a project player at absolute best, but still far away.

Gotta watch your can't rebound label for players that play a 2-3 zone 99 percent of the time.

Love the Teague pick as well btw.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
An inefficient point guard? Bleh...

If Teague develops, you go with a 2 PG offense or just ship him out for draft picks.

I take this all day every day over Tyshawn Taylor.

Now, trade Watson/Brewer for 2nd rounders. Still some talent to be had (Miller would be amazing)

We'd have a small back court if Teague and D.Rose were on the court at the same time...he's only 6'2"

I heard Barton or Lamb would have been better picks

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 03:34 AM)
We'd have a small back court if Teague and D.Rose were on the court at the same time...he's only 6'2"

Yeah Rose playing with Teague makes no sense. It's a weird pick, at least for now.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)

Rose has the skills to guard SGs.

But another thing: Teague could be a very poor version of Rose. That means we can run similar sets.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
I take this all day every day over Tyshawn Taylor.

Of course you and I agree on this. :P

I think it's a good pick because the Bulls do need a guard in the short term and this kid is a good athlete. Of course, he's probably going to really struggle in the period when Derrick is out so I don't know how much help he will be, but I don't want to see John Lucas getting extended minutes anymore.

After all, it's the 29th pick. What do you expect?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
Listen. I'm not going to make this warning more then once. If people want to talk at TalkBulls they can, if they don't, they don't have to. This thread is open for discussion of all NBA related things (Bulls or Non Bulls).

Anymore discussion or this self moderation, everyone go here, needs to be cut-out. Soxtalk is what it is and it has great sports discussion (not just baseball). If people want to talk about the Bulls in this thread, then they are 100% entitled to do so (and no one should tell them otherwise).

+1

I have NO interest in TalkBulls.

He's only 19, which I love. He's quick, athletic and a ball handler which we sorely needed, which I also love. But now we have two rookies who need playing time and development time on our squad. Thibs isn't known for playing rookies much.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
He's only 19, which I love. He's quick, athletic and a ball handler which we sorely needed, which I also love. But now we have two rookies who need playing time and development time on our squad. Thibs isn't known for playing rookies much.

Another guy who sits all year. Drafting late hurts.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
Rose ain't guarding the good SG's in the NBA, he's not tall enough... They'd just shoot right over him.

His vertical (yes, I think he'll still have that vertical) and wingspan let him do that. He averages the same amount of blocks as LeBron.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)

Who's the second?

There's just no way Rose can guard the best SG's in the nba, I don't care how good his vertical is. Guys will just be pump faking in his face daring him to jump.

The second rookie is Jimmy Butler, who Bulls fan assume will take over the Ronnie Brewer role this upcoming year

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
There's just no way Rose can guard the best SG's in the nba, I don't care how good his vertical is. Guys will just be pump faking in his face daring him to jump.

The second rookie is Jimmy Butler, who Bulls fan assume will take over the Ronnie Brewer role this upcoming year

Jimmy Butler isn't a rookie. He also looked fine in his minutes last year.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)

Once again, I'm not an NBA fan but I do watch some on a boring fall/winter night when there's no NHL, NCAA or NFL, but if the Bulls are going to be without Deng until November, Rose until March, and depending on Butler for big minutes, they might have a chance at a top 8 pick next June.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 03:56 AM)
Once again, I'm not an NBA fan but I do watch some on a boring fall/winter night when there's no NHL, NCAA or NFL, but if the Bulls are going to be without Deng until November, Rose until March, and depending on Butler for big minutes, they might have a chance at a top 8 pick next June.

No way