2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_...-pick-pau-gasol

Gasol would seemingly not be an option for the Bulls unless there is a 3rd team involved. Even then it wouldnt really make sense. Article mentions Artest is available, I dont believe the Bulls would consider him under any circumstances.

Been there, done that, already had the medications.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
I don't, really. He got so frustrating to watch giving up point after point on defense and then heaving up shots to try to make up for it. He sometimes did, but against good teams he would be fully exploited playing defense and couldn't get a good look on offense.

Except, that really didn't happen his last few years here. Or do I have to bring out the 82games stats for defense as well as the fact that Ben had the 2nd least shot attempts for someone averaging 20ppg his last year here. He was only 2nd in the league to Dwight Howard. But continue on with your bias...I think I have a good Ben debate in here with me.

BTW, even if the Bulls didn't want Ben who is better than Korver and Brewer, that draft pick would've been worth it as they need to stockpile assets and get rid of deadweight.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
Except, that really didn't happen his last few years here. Or do I have to bring out the 82games stats for defense as well as the fact that Ben had the 2nd least shot attempts for someone averaging 20ppg his last year here. He was only 2nd in the league to Dwight Howard. But continue on with your bias...I think I have a good Ben debate in here with me.

BTW, even if the Bulls didn't want Ben who is better than Korver and Brewer, that draft pick would've been worth it as they need to stockpile assets and get rid of deadweight.

But that would have required the Bulls take on $12 million in additional salary for the 2013/2014 season. Right when Gibson needs extended.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_...-pick-pau-gasol

Gasol would seemingly not be an option for the Bulls unless there is a 3rd team involved. Even then it wouldnt really make sense. Article mentions Artest is available, I dont believe the Bulls would consider him under any circumstances.

Didn't Artest apply for a job at Circuit City when he was playing for the Bulls? He can't play anymore anyway.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)

Will you quit bringing up that awful stat about the 20 point average? Why in god's name would you completely ignore that many of those players scored considerably more than 20 points? It's not even accurate, Paul Pierce and Devin Harris both averaged at least 20 PPG while taking fewer shots than Gordon the last time he did it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 06:37 PM)
Didn't Artest apply for a job at Circuit City when he was playing for the Bulls? He can't play anymore anyway.

Artest working at Circuit City was kind of brilliant.

He worked there so he could get an employee discount on all his electronics.

I'm not really an NBA guy, but if New Orleans drafts Tyler Zeller and Anthony Davis, and Eric Gordon is healthy next year, you have to figure that they'll win at least 35 games next year, right? That's not good by any stretch but much better than the mess they were this past season.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
I'm not really an NBA guy, but if New Orleans drafts Tyler Zeller and Anthony Davis, and Eric Gordon is healthy next year, you have to figure that they'll win at least 35 games next year, right? That's not good by any stretch but much better than the mess they were this past season.

Clearly yes, they'd get better if those things happened and all of them were solid contributors.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
Artest working at Circuit City was kind of brilliant.

He worked there so he could get an employee discount on all his electronics.

Didnt the Bulls nix it right away?

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
Vin Parise

‏@VinParise

According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick -- backup for Derrick Rose

Interesting. I hope the other teams see this Tweet, so they don't try to draft him with any of the first 28 picks and realize he is already gone.

Listen. I'm not going to make this warning more then once. If people want to talk at TalkBulls they can, if they don't, they don't have to. This thread is open for discussion of all NBA related things (Bulls or Non Bulls).

Anymore discussion or this self moderation, everyone go here, needs to be cut-out. Soxtalk is what it is and it has great sports discussion (not just baseball). If people want to talk about the Bulls in this thread, then they are 100% entitled to do so (and no one should tell them otherwise).

The hard part about 29 is you are depending on what other people do.

Its so hard to try and mock 28 picks to get a real sense of what the Bulls will have a shot at.

The biggest problem with Tyshawn is whether he can play SG with Rose. If he can, it actually could be an ideal pick, hes a little shorter than you would want, but he is considered a good defender.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
So I take it all the trade Deng or Noah talks is over and we are just going to continue with this core and hope Rose can carry?

Face it, none of the deals anyone has talked about involving either of those 2 really make sense for the other teams.