Will Ohman Appreciation thread

StrangeSox

I have to be perfectly honest. First of all, Ohman just simply was never very good. I was angry with him a lot. The guy's sole purpose was pretty much to get get lefties out and I never thought he did that very well, especially when it was crucial. That said, I have met him and he's a nice guy. It's hard to hate on a guy when you've met him and he's a nice person. I'm however, not sorry to see him not be a member of the White Sox bullpen anymore. I hope he catches on with another American League team so we can kick him around. :gosox1:

My fondest memory of Ohman was the June 8th game against Houston. Every year my family and I make the pilgrimage from Atlanta to the Cell to see a game. After getting to enjoy watching Gavin s*** the bed, Alexei allow the Astros to steal home, and the Sox offense sputter, we were still kind of in the game. Then Ohman came in to face some POS Astro lefty I've never heard of before. He promptly gave up a homer and then allowed a couple more to score before heading to the dugout to throw a tantrum. This is a fond memory of mine because I was so unbelievably pissed off that it marked the first time that I openly heckled a White Sox player. It felt damn good.

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

I'm gonna miss watching all the awesome homerums Ohman gave up that caused me to loudly exclaim, "OH,mannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!" Just before I come to the realization that the awesome home run I just watched fly into the bleachers actually helped the other team, and then I lose my temper. I'll always remember all those moments.

I remember getting a kick out of watching him pitch for the Cubs whenever I watched their games with Cub fan friends. Anytime there was a shot of him warming in the pen there would be cursing, grumbling, sometimes one or more of Kübler-Ross' Stages of Grief, and me reveling in their agony. I was under the impression that he was out of baseball when the Sox signed him, but the Adam Dunn signing that preceded this was still fresh enough that it was easy to stomach. He wasn't especially expensive, and using him as a LOOGY couldn't be that bad. Once the season rolled around, Ozzie either misplaced the LOOGY manual and directions that came in the box with Ohman, or they weren't written in Spanish.