Peavy named to All Star Team

Sockin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All pitchers? Hmmm...

Honestly though, why was Peavy not on the team to begin with? He's top 5 in WHIP and ERA I believe (if not top 6).

I don't think I'll vote, I'd rather let Jake rest the entire time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
All pitchers? Hmmm...

Honestly though, why was Peavy not on the team to begin with? He's top 5 in WHIP and ERA I believe (if not top 6).

I don't think I'll vote, I'd rather let Jake rest the entire time.

I think this rest stuff is overrated. It's one inning -- if he even pitches as the last guy selected. If he can't pitch one All-Star inning, he is gonna break down anyway by September.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
I'm won't be surprised if Peavy replaces CC Sabathia on the roster since he is injured, I dunno how Felix Hernandez got in ahead of Peavy

wasnt felix the only mariner to go? they needed someone to go. yea and i dont think anyone will beat yu with all of japan voting for him lol

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
wasnt felix the only mariner to go? they needed someone to go. yea and i dont think anyone will beat yu with all of japan voting for him lol

Ohh true forgot about that rule

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Good luck beating Yu

Not possible, so not worth my vote. Not only does he get the hype vote, he also has an entire country voting for him.

Jake, you're an All-Star in my heart, go have some Jägermeister and enjoy the rest.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
Not possible, so not worth my vote. Not only does he get the hype vote, he also has an entire country voting for him.

Jake, you're an All-Star in my heart, go have some Jägermeister and enjoy the rest.

Thank you, and the Sox organization...save the money and the time trying to get him in and let the players focus on winning 6 home games before the break.

BTW, I like to think I'm a big baseball fan...I have never heard of Ernesto Frieri until now.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Can somebody explain why Matt Harrison got in over Peavy?

I hate all-star game manager bias.

You just explained it.. and Peavy will actually put up a fight for the final vote.. Seems they like to get the bigger markets involved in it.