White Sox 12th in avg prices across board (fan cost index)

caulfield12

http://fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/fci_pdfs/8.pdf

However, when you look at the fall of nearly 30% in the average ticket price, I'm going to call BS on that one, with the dynamic pricing.

Parking is 4th most expensive in the majors.

Very surprised to see the Tigers, Twins, Cardinals and even the Astros ahead of us.

Of the top teams, the White Sox had the biggest decrease of -13.8% (overall FCI), with the Dodgers at roughly -10%.

That said, some of our season ticket holders and regular attendees and stub hub/dynamic ticket buyers probably have their own opinions on whether there legitimately has been such a marked decrease across-the-board. Seems like a bit of an accounting trick.

And, by the way, the Marlins are in BIG trouble.

Looking at those markets and/or teams, very surprised to see the Rangers, Braves, Angels, Padres and Diamondbacks all relatively affordable.

Kansas City you can understand their increases because of the All-Star game and hype coming into 2012. Rockies, also in big-time trouble after having raised prices significantly.

I don't know if the Sox have this, but Royals had great fan promotion Friday night.

One dollar hot dogs and small drinks.

I think they do it every Friday during the summer.

I'll take it.

Delicious dogs. Guy I was with had four or five. I had 2.

Nice to pay 2 bucks instead of 9 for 2 fricking hot dogs.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
I don't know if the Sox have this, but Royals had great fan promotion Friday night.

I'll take it.

I went to Kauffman in 2007 and 2008, and both times I really enjoyed their pretzels. Do they still have those? They were massive. Also, they weren't too expensive. Typically, pretzels are 4.50+ at stadiums. This one was 3.00, I believe, which is great considering it was also bigger than any other stadium's that I've seen.

I'll take it.

White Sox have done dollar dog days but only ballpark franks. They had some deal on polish dogs too but I can't remember what it cost per dog.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 10:21 AM)
http://fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/fci_pdfs/8.pdf

However, when you look at the fall of nearly 30% in the average ticket price, I'm going to call BS on that one, with the dynamic pricing.

Parking is 4th most expensive in the majors.

Very surprised to see the Tigers, Twins, Cardinals and even the Astros ahead of us.

Of the top teams, the White Sox had the biggest decrease of -13.8% (overall FCI), with the Dodgers at roughly -10%.

That said, some of our season ticket holders and regular attendees and stub hub/dynamic ticket buyers probably have their own opinions on whether there legitimately has been such a marked decrease across-the-board. Seems like a bit of an accounting trick.

And, by the way, the Marlins are in BIG trouble.

Looking at those markets and/or teams, very surprised to see the Rangers, Braves, Angels, Padres and Diamondbacks all relatively affordable.

Kansas City you can understand their increases because of the All-Star game and hype coming into 2012. Rockies, also in big-time trouble after having raised prices significantly.

More like extreme BS. Brooks probably cane up with that propaganda.

I'll take it.

A lot of teams are adding "all-you-can-eat" sections.

http://athletics.mlb.com/oak/ticketing/jumbo_tickets.jsp

Here's an example from the Oakland A's. No reason the Sox couldn't do the same promotion through their own version of Comcast, since they're part owners of it.

About Jumbo Tickets

Within the barcode of each Plaza Club ticket or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket will be added-value. These "Jumbo" Tickets can be used throughout the Coliseum for redemption at various concession stands for food and beverages and at merchandise stands for souvenirs.

A Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket includes a Jumbo Ticket added-value of $6.

A Plaza Club ticket includes a Jumbo Ticket added-value of $10.

Buy Single Game Tickets

Have any questions about Jumbo Tickets? Head down to the Frequently Asked Questions below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How much Jumbo Ticket added-value is loaded on each ticket?

A. $10 of Jumbo Ticket added-value is added within the barcode of each Plaza Club ticket and $6 of Jumbo Ticket value is added within the barcode of each Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is the price of a Plaza Club ticket or a Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket?

A. A's single game ticket pricing is based on current market value. Ticket pricing can fluctuate based on factors affecting supply and demand. Jumbo Ticket added-value will not fluctuate. There is $10 of Jumbo Ticket added-value within the barcode of each Plaza Club ticket and $6 of Jumbo Ticket added-value within the barcode of each Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I have four tickets. Can I put all Jumbo Ticket added-value on one ticket?

A. No, the Jumbo Ticket added-value cannot be transferred into another ticket's barcode, but more than one ticket can be used in the same purchase. You can use all four tickets toward that jacket in the Team Store or meal at the concession stand.

Q. I am a Season Ticket Holder with ticket exchange privileges. If I exchange my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets to another game in the same seating level does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer?

A. Yes, the Jumbo Ticket added-value will transfer if exchanging a future home game into another future home game in Plaza Club and Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck areas only. Remember, season tickets must be exchanged at least 48 hours in advance of the game.

Q. I am a Season Ticket Holder. If I exchange my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets to another seating location does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer?

A. No, the Jumbo Ticket added-value will not transfer to a new seating location. The ticket value of your seats, however, will be applied to any new seating section. The Jumbo Ticket added-value is only available in their designated sections.

Q. If I transfer my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets using My A's Ticket or re-sell on StubHub does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer to the new ticket holder?

A. Yes, the Jumbo Ticket added-value will transfer to the new ticket's barcode and that ticket holder can use the Jumbo Ticket added-value at the game date printed on their ticket.

Q. If I lose my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets and Ticket Services reprints them does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer to the new tickets?

A. Yes, the previous barcode will be voided and the reprinted Plaza Club tickets will have the Jumbo Ticket added-value loaded into the new barcode.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 12:57 AM)
Prices DID go down. Season and group tickets saw steep decreases. But individual games are subject to dynamic pricing, which typically go up.

The report must be using preseason pricing(when dynamic pricing was not active)

Therein lies the question only Brooks can answer.

How much has the dynamic pricing model clawed back profits from the revenue they gave up by lowering prices before the season?

Because there's just no way that's the average ticket price in the ballpark, or close to it...from a walk-up standpoint or single game advanced purchase perspective.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
A lot of teams are adding "all-you-can-eat" sections.

http://athletics.mlb.com/oak/ticketing/jumbo_tickets.jsp

Here's an example from the Oakland A's. No reason the Sox couldn't do the same promotion through their own version of Comcast, since they're part owners of it.

About Jumbo Tickets

Within the barcode of each Plaza Club ticket or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket will be added-value. These "Jumbo" Tickets can be used throughout the Coliseum for redemption at various concession stands for food and beverages and at merchandise stands for souvenirs.

A Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket includes a Jumbo Ticket added-value of $6.

A Plaza Club ticket includes a Jumbo Ticket added-value of $10.

Buy Single Game Tickets

Have any questions about Jumbo Tickets? Head down to the Frequently Asked Questions below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How much Jumbo Ticket added-value is loaded on each ticket?

A. $10 of Jumbo Ticket added-value is added within the barcode of each Plaza Club ticket and $6 of Jumbo Ticket value is added within the barcode of each Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket.

Q. What is the price of a Plaza Club ticket or a Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket?

A. A's single game ticket pricing is based on current market value. Ticket pricing can fluctuate based on factors affecting supply and demand. Jumbo Ticket added-value will not fluctuate. There is $10 of Jumbo Ticket added-value within the barcode of each Plaza Club ticket and $6 of Jumbo Ticket added-value within the barcode of each Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck ticket.

Q. I have four tickets. Can I put all Jumbo Ticket added-value on one ticket?

A. No, the Jumbo Ticket added-value cannot be transferred into another ticket's barcode, but more than one ticket can be used in the same purchase. You can use all four tickets toward that jacket in the Team Store or meal at the concession stand.

Q. I am a Season Ticket Holder with ticket exchange privileges. If I exchange my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets to another game in the same seating level does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer?

A. Yes, the Jumbo Ticket added-value will transfer if exchanging a future home game into another future home game in Plaza Club and Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck areas only. Remember, season tickets must be exchanged at least 48 hours in advance of the game.

Q. I am a Season Ticket Holder. If I exchange my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets to another seating location does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer?

A. No, the Jumbo Ticket added-value will not transfer to a new seating location. The ticket value of your seats, however, will be applied to any new seating section. The Jumbo Ticket added-value is only available in their designated sections.

Q. If I transfer my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets using My A's Ticket or re-sell on StubHub does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer to the new ticket holder?

A. Yes, the Jumbo Ticket added-value will transfer to the new ticket's barcode and that ticket holder can use the Jumbo Ticket added-value at the game date printed on their ticket.

Q. If I lose my Plaza Club or Comcast SportsNet California Value Deck tickets and Ticket Services reprints them does the Jumbo Ticket added-value transfer to the new tickets?

A. Yes, the previous barcode will be voided and the reprinted Plaza Club tickets will have the Jumbo Ticket added-value loaded into the new barcode.

In a way, they do with the patio party. The problem is you have to be there an hour and a half in advance and it only goes for 2 hours, but when they have a groupon deal is about $50 for all you can eat and a lower reserved seat.

I still don't see why the marketing team can't do an experiment (just for the 3 game Twins series, it's midweek and one day game) and discount parking down to $10 and see what the difference is in collected revenue.

It would have to be a lot better promoted in advance than the dynamic pricing deals, though, to have a measureable effect.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:07 AM)
I still don't see why the marketing team can't do an experiment (just for the 3 game Twins series, it's midweek and one day game) and discount parking down to $10 and see what the difference is in collected revenue.

It would have to be a lot better promoted in advance than the dynamic pricing deals, though, to have a measureable effect.

MLB Extra Innings is free this week and I was channel surfing Saturday. There is a team that does have free transportation games. They provide free shuttle buses from certain areas and parking is free. They do it a few times a season. It might be worth a try to see what effect parking prices have on attendance. Personally, I think if parking were free, the Sox would make that up and more on concessions and souveniers.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:03 AM)
In a way, they do with the patio party. The problem is you have to be there an hour and a half in advance and it only goes for 2 hours, but when they have a groupon deal is about $50 for all you can eat and a lower reserved seat.

They also have the seating behind home plate and the Jim Beam club.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:45 AM)
They also have the seating behind home plate and the Jim Beam club.

But what I'm getting at is something marketed or directed at more middle class fans or ones who would be drawn to attend the game at least partially because of a promotion such as all you can eat or all you can drink/Thirsty Thursday's (such as most minor league stadiums still run.)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 07:48 AM)
But what I'm getting at is something marketed or directed at more middle class fans or ones who would be drawn to attend the game at least partially because of a promotion such as all you can eat or all you can drink/Thirsty Thursday's (such as most minor league stadiums still run.)
The vibe i got when i asked my rep abou tit was that they dont think it can be done properly. I think it can. You just need to designate certain stands AYCE. I've seen teams make people wear wristbands, or have thier ticket scanned each time they get food.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:07 AM)

The Indians are offering FREE parking when you buy at least 4 tickets (online with a code) for this coming weekend. of course, their parking is as low as $10.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
The Indians are offering FREE parking when you buy at least 4 tickets (online with a code) for this coming weekend. of course, their parking is as low as $10.

There is also isn't much "Indian's" parking. Most of it is independently owned around the park.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 05:50 AM)
Therein lies the question only Brooks can answer.

How much has the dynamic pricing model clawed back profits from the revenue they gave up by lowering prices before the season?

Because there's just no way that's the average ticket price in the ballpark, or close to it...from a walk-up standpoint or single game advanced purchase perspective.

I think they are trying to have it both ways. Look at how readily the codes are now. When they started doing that it was super hard to find codes, now they have a page with ALL the codes on whitesox.com

I suspect the sox keep prices high(even when the lowered them this year) to keep the investors happy. Remember, JERRY operates on a break even system, but the investors may want to see profit. Perhaps by offering the codes, they can still offer value pricing without looking like they are small market.

And they still are selling season ticket packages aggressively, with the same lowered prices as in the offseason. 32 games in the upper deck are $524 with full playoff rights.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
There is also isn't much "Indian's" parking. Most of it is independently owned around the park.

http://view.ed4.net/v/TSAR2O/EK8OLC/FIJCUW...93000-320407520

Dear Fans,

As we head into the second half of the season, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your loyalty and support throughout the first half of the season. Our team has created many exciting moments on the field so far and we've enjoyed sharing those with all of you.

We've also had the opportunity to listen to your feedback throughout the first half of the season and the most common recurring themes are accessible transportation and parking options, and affordable concessions. I'm pleased to announce two fan-focused initiatives to directly address these concerns and ensure that you continue to create memorable experiences at Progressive Field.

Concessions: $8 Classic Combo Deals

Hot Dog Classic Combo Deal: one Sugardale all-beef hot dog, one large popcorn and one 16 oz. Pepsi product

Brat Classic Combo Deal: one brat and one 12 oz. beer

Transportation: Free Transportation Weekend on July 20, 21 & 22

Free parking in the Gateway East Garage with an advance ticket purchase using the password “parking”

Free RTA Rail Service (Blue, Green and Red Lines) and RTA HealthLine when showing a valid Indians game ticket when boarding the rail system

Free shuttle service to and from Ohio City (corner of W. 25 and Market Ave. near Great Lakes Brewing Company and Bar Cento)

Following the Free Transportation Weekend for remainder of 2012 season

Exclusive RTA Family Fare Pass for $10 with ticket purchase (Two adults/up to four children)

Indians Ohio City Shuttle on home weekend game dates for $1

Great Lakes Brewing Company's "Fatty Wagon" shuttle every game for $1

Pre-paid parking availability in the Gateway East Garage

We've also launched an enhanced website to assist you in planning your trip to Progressive Field. Log on to www.indians.com/planyourtrip for maps, directions, public transportation, area restaurants, hotels and more.

Thank you again for your commitment and loyalty to Indians baseball. Your feedback helps us improve the experience at Progressive Field so please don't hesitate to email, call or connect with us on social media. We are listening. We hope these efforts demonstrate our commitment to you and make it easier for you to join us and appreciate the team that is contending for the AL Central title heading into the second half.

Go Tribe!

Mark Shapiro

President

Cleveland Indians Baseball Company

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
http://view.ed4.net/v/TSAR2O/EK8OLC/FIJCUW...93000-320407520

Dear Fans,

As we head into the second half of the season, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your loyalty and support throughout the first half of the season. Our team has created many exciting moments on the field so far and we've enjoyed sharing those with all of you.

We've also had the opportunity to listen to your feedback throughout the first half of the season and the most common recurring themes are accessible transportation and parking options, and affordable concessions. I'm pleased to announce two fan-focused initiatives to directly address these concerns and ensure that you continue to create memorable experiences at Progressive Field.

Concessions: $8 Classic Combo Deals

Hot Dog Classic Combo Deal: one Sugardale all-beef hot dog, one large popcorn and one 16 oz. Pepsi product

Brat Classic Combo Deal: one brat and one 12 oz. beer

Transportation: Free Transportation Weekend on July 20, 21 & 22

Free parking in the Gateway East Garage with an advance ticket purchase using the password “parking”

Free RTA Rail Service (Blue, Green and Red Lines) and RTA HealthLine when showing a valid Indians game ticket when boarding the rail system

Free shuttle service to and from Ohio City (corner of W. 25 and Market Ave. near Great Lakes Brewing Company and Bar Cento)

Following the Free Transportation Weekend for remainder of 2012 season

Exclusive RTA Family Fare Pass for $10 with ticket purchase (Two adults/up to four children)

Indians Ohio City Shuttle on home weekend game dates for $1

Great Lakes Brewing Company's "Fatty Wagon" shuttle every game for $1

Pre-paid parking availability in the Gateway East Garage

We've also launched an enhanced website to assist you in planning your trip to Progressive Field. Log on to www.indians.com/planyourtrip for maps, directions, public transportation, area restaurants, hotels and more.

Thank you again for your commitment and loyalty to Indians baseball. Your feedback helps us improve the experience at Progressive Field so please don't hesitate to email, call or connect with us on social media. We are listening. We hope these efforts demonstrate our commitment to you and make it easier for you to join us and appreciate the team that is contending for the AL Central title heading into the second half.

Go Tribe!

Mark Shapiro

President

Cleveland Indians Baseball Company

Can you imagine Metra or CTA doing something like this? LMFAO.