SOX GAMETHREAD: LETS MAKE IT TWO

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:05 AM)
Beckham's timing is just awful. He's starting late and he's in his own head. Very little chance he recovers anytime soon.

Yep, and now isn't the time for him to try and figure it out.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Obviously there's been some luck to it, not a lot of pitchers throw up a 2 ERA, but he also throws strikes consistently, plays behind a very good defense, lets his fielders make plays, and has a really good cutter that he's not afraid to throw inside, as well as some pretty good moxie for a pitcher his age. Anyone who doesn;t know that they're seeing a pretty good young pitcher is nuts.

A good defense doesnt mean much if he misses his spots like that. He needs to hit them consistently. He has done that up until this game. Lets not crown him anything yet.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Obviously there's been some luck to it, not a lot of pitchers throw up a 2 ERA, but he also throws strikes consistently, plays behind a very good defense, lets his fielders make plays, and has a really good cutter that he's not afraid to throw inside, as well as some pretty good moxie for a pitcher his age. Anyone who doesn;t know that they're seeing a pretty good young pitcher is nuts.

+1

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
A good defense doesnt mean much if he misses his spots like that. He needs to hit them consistently. He has done that up until this game. Lets not crown him anything yet.

Sale got crushed on Saturday cause he missed his spots.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:03 AM)
That pitch couldn't have been more in his wheelhouse to hit into the LF bullpen. Instead, he's doing that stupid windmill swing that has no chance but to pop it up to right. I have absolutely no problem with KW trying to trade him this week.

Beckham can't hit. Trade him to an NL team so we can forget about him. If we trade him to an AL team, he'll just haunt us like so many former Sox do. I thought Beckham would be a star. He can't hit.

The only way I'm for keeping Beckham is if his parents come to every game the rest of his career.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
I don't want to block, I just want you to know what you're watching every night.

Sometimes Big Bang Theory. But tonight it was Hells Kitchen and Master Chef.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)

Most of the time he can get away with that though. Which is why he is so good. He battles through that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
See I dont think we found a diamond in the rough. I think to much has to go right for Quintana to pitch as well as he has been. I think he was lucky to be as successful as he has been.

So he's had how many starts so far 10-12 ? . Pitched 8 shutout innings 3 times without getting a win. I'd say so far an awful lot is going right. He has exhibited very good control and has great mound presence. What does a rookie has to do to impress you ? It's called pitching . Might not have great stuff but did Buerhle / Maddox after 8-10 years in his career ? If you consistently hit your spot you're going to do well.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:06 AM)

Coming into the game he allowed a homer every 2 starts. He let one player beat him on 2 bad pitches. It does happen in sports. They aren't robots. I don't understand why you think they're supposed to be perfect every night and if their not, then they suck.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
Sometimes Big Bang Theory. But tonight it was Hells Kitchen and Master Chef.

I blocked that one rude new guy and it's been great not having to read his posts. Nobody responds to him so I don't have to see his posts in the quote box.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)

Just takes one or two. The slider to Austin Jackson.

This time, Quintana just doesn't have enough velocity unless he's 3-5 inches inside.

The first homer was even worse, that was right over the heart of the plate. This time, it seemed like he was guessing that exact location.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
So he's had how many starts so far 10-12 ? . Pitched 8 shutout innings 3 times without getting a win. I'd say so far an awful lot is going right. He has exhibited very good control and has great mound presence. What does a rookie has to do to impress you ? It's called pitching . Might not have great stuff but did Buerhle / Maddox after 8-10 years in his career ? If you consistently hit your spot you're going to do well.

I dont think he can do it for a whole season. If he continues to pitch like he has in the first half you can quote this and put this in your sig. Ill gladly eat crow.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Coming into the game he allowed a homer every 2 starts. He let one player beat him on 2 bad pitches. It does happen in sports. They aren't robots. I don't understand why you think they're supposed to be perfect every night and if their not, then they suck.

I never said that at all.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Beckham isn't the only hitting problem, Tank needs to start hitting as well a 290 OBP, totally sucks.

Except Viciedo has a league average OPS in LF at age 23. 729

Beckham's in his fourth season of professional baseball and is nearly 100 points worse. Only 4 2B are worse than him in OPS....Weeks, Weeks, Andino and Dustin Ackley. 642

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:10 AM)
I dont think he can do it for a whole season. If he continues to pitch like he has in the first half you can quote this and put this in your sig. Ill gladly eat crow.

No one in their right mind is expecting him to do that for a whole season. No one can; that's not the point. He can, however, be a very good pitcher for us this year and for years to come if he locates his pitches the way we've seen he's capable of.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Not to be too personal, but do you actually see the games on Extra Innings or mlb.tv?

No I look up into the sky and ask the birds the score of the game.