Questionable Pence to Sox trade rumor from guy with under 200 tweets

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy Expert ‏@MrFantasyExpert

SOURCE: user playing with the Phillies via mlb2k12 could not find Jordan Danks or Nate Jones in the player search. (TRADE DENIED)

I don't know if that's him admitting he is a lying asshole, or if he is mocking people who may have tweeting him wondering who the hell Jordan Danks and Nate Jones were. I dunno.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
how much could they reasonably get for him with his health? They'd be better off holding on to him in the off-season.

Thats a really good question and I believe we will find out shortly.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
Cubs are busy tonight. My guess Dempster deal to LA gets done tonight.

there's zero point in them hanging on to the players they're getting rid of. Even if they don't get top guys, they're best off just getting prospects than running Reed Johnson, Soto, etc., out there the rest of the year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)

SOURCE: user playing with the Phillies via mlb2k12 could not find Jordan Danks or Nate Jones in the player search. (TRADE DENIED)

I don't know if that's him admitting he is a lying asshole, or if he is mocking people who may have tweeting him wondering who the hell Jordan Danks and Nate Jones were. I dunno.

My money's on him being a lying asshole.

when will we learn not to trust any random twitter handles that aren't kOna.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
You just thought it was a worthy enough lie to start a thread about it?

Sure, why not? It's a rumor. I don't understand why people are getting pissed about this particular rumor being posted. Unless I've completely missed the point of the Trade Winds subforum. It's not like I posted it in the Soxtalk regular forum, and I even included a question mark in the title.

Some peoples just need to calm down and take a breath. As I said, we will find out in less than 16 hours if this holds any truth whatsoever. No point getting worked up about it.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
Sure, why not? It's a rumor. I don't understand why people are getting pissed about this particular rumor being posted. Unless I've completely missed the point of the Trade Winds subforum. It's not like I posted it in the Soxtalk regular forum, and I even included a question mark in the title.

Some peoples just need to calm down and take a breath. As I said, we will find out in less than 16 hours if this holds any truth whatsoever. No point getting worked up about it.

I'm just giving you a hard time.

:cheers

I am on the road for work - and I really wish I would have thought of this, or else I totally would have done it.... but it woulda been pretty damn funny to tweet all of the actual deadline trades in MLB 2012 The Show.

Some of the trades are just insane.... In my last simmed season, Jeter got traded to the Reds for Votto, Matt Kemp got traded to the Angels for Pujols and every other significant top-100 player was traded for a bunch of fake prospects with names like Armando Chen or Hideki Anderson.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
This guy sucks. He's not even trying anymore.

This just in....The Philadelphia Phillies have traded Cliff Lee for Hunter Pence, who will move in the rotation immediately. #phillybuying

Wow, what a doucher.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
I am on the road for work - and I really wish I would have thought of this, or else I totally would have done it.... but it woulda been pretty damn funny to tweet all of the actual deadline trades in MLB 2012 The Show.

Some of the trades are just insane.... In my last simmed season, Jeter got traded to the Reds for Votto, Matt Kemp got traded to the Angels for Pujols and every other significant top-100 player was traded for a bunch of fake prospects with names like Armando Chen or Hideki Anderson.

Oh yeah, I am in 2013 now, and teams are so jacked up. Then again, only like half the Sox team is still there for me, so there's that.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
Oh yeah, I am in 2013 now, and teams are so jacked up. Then again, only like half the Sox team is still there for me, so there's that.

I tried to keep my team pretty close to the real on-field team... but made a couple small "not too far off from reality" trades. Mostly edit the players to keep them close to reality. I mean, really... Jesse Crain is not the most valuable Sox player. And according to the ranking system, Brent Lillibridge was one of the least valuable players on the roster.

Is there a "The Show" thread somewhere on SoxTalk?

would love to see some guys rosters, tips, tricks, etc.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
I tried to keep my team pretty close to the real on-field team... but made a couple small "not too far off from reality" trades. Mostly edit the players to keep them close to reality. I mean, really... Jesse Crain is not the most valuable Sox player. And according to the ranking system, Brent Lillibridge was one of the least valuable players on the roster.

Is there a "The Show" thread somewhere on SoxTalk?

would love to see some guys rosters, tips, tricks, etc.

Yep, there is actually it's own thead. I'll revive it for you.