NorthSideSox72

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Gavin Floyd,

Please listen to both national anthems an hour before gametime and do whatever else you need to do to convince yourself that the first and second innings are in the middle of the game.

Thank you,

PSFJ

Dear Gavin Floyd,

Please listen to both national anthems an hour before gametime and do whatever else you need to do to convince yourself that the first and second innings are in the middle of the game.

Thank you,

PSFJ

I think we finally figured out why their games start at 7:07 instead of 7:05--they have two national anthems to play!!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
I think we finally figured out why their games start at 7:07 instead of 7:05--they have two national anthems to play!!

I mentioned that yesterday in the beginning of the game thread when someone asked. I'm pretty sure that is in fact the reason

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
I mentioned that yesterday in the beginning of the game thread when someone asked. I'm pretty sure that is in fact the reason

Honestly, it is TV. Most places say they start at :05, when in reality the first pitch will be at :07/:08. For whatever reason, they just don't publish it that way.

13 of the last 15 games we've played have been decided by two runs or less.

That's a pretty long stretch of nail biters.

Only about the first 3 or 4 were nail biters. Since then they've pretty much been finger biters.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Tigers playing some day baseball in Minnesota right now. MCab solo homer in the 1st. Scherzer with two leadoff walks in the 2nd, Twins threatening.

False alarm. Scherzer strikes out the side, 5 K in 2 IP so far.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
False alarm. Scherzer strikes out the side, 5 K in 2 IP so far.

That's the thing about Scherzer, he'll strike out 12 in 5 IP but give up like 4-5 runs and throw a s*** load of pitches.

What's the magic word? Inconsistant.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

6:07 PM. DeAza cf Youkilis 3b Dunn 1b Rios rf Prznski c Ramirez ss Viciedo dh Wise lf Hudson 2b. Floyd v Romero

I don't mind this. I need a day off from watching Beckham flail away.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Aside from Dunn, it seems like Konerko's concussion has wound up with the roster getting more rest, rather than less.

& we haven't really loss any ground to the Tigers.

Gotta win tonight to stay up 2 though. Hopefully Gavin is sharp from the start & doesn't have a rocky first couple innings.

Gotta throw strikes from the get go Gavin!!!