Deltas vs. Omegas

Quin

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the actual bet just that the Indians wouldn't beat the Tigers? Or Sox would lose and Tigers would win?

Just goes to show you he wasn't around at the end of 2005, 2008, 2009, etc.

Teams with nothing to play for almost always gives contending teams fits because they're so loose and relaxed...and lots of younger players trying to make an impression on their new manager. And, the Indians had that early season history of owning Detroit. I think it was something like 6-1 or 7-1 in their first 7-8 games before the wheels came off.

Betting baseball is almost always a sucker bet...unless you picked the Tigers yesterday, and that wouldn't have paid you hardly anything at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Was the actual bet just that the Indians wouldn't beat the Tigers? Or Sox would lose and Tigers would win?

Just goes to show you he wasn't around at the end of 2005, 2008, 2009, etc.

Teams with nothing to play for almost always gives contending teams fits because they're so loose and relaxed...and lots of younger players trying to make an impression on their new manager. And, the Indians had that early season history of owning Detroit. I think it was something like 6-1 or 7-1 in their first 7-8 games before the wheels came off.

Betting baseball is almost always a sucker bet...unless you picked the Tigers yesterday, and that wouldn't have paid you hardly anything at all.

His idols, the Vegas oddsmakers, made the Tigers prohibitive favorites. He thinks they know something the rest of the world doesn't. For his sake, I hope he didn't bet his allowance on the Tigers today.

Just goes to show you kids like Esmil Rogers can show up from the NL, have no prior history against the Tiggers, and go out and put goose-eggs on the scoreboard.

Kid has an 8+ ERA for the Rockies and they gave him away for cash considerations.

Do we have anyone you would trust with a 1 run lead in the 8th inning to get 3 outs against DET? I don't think so...MAYBE, just MAYBE, Myers. But trust? No way.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Just goes to show you kids like Esmil Rogers can show up from the NL, have no prior history against the Tiggers, and go out and put goose-eggs on the scoreboard.

Kid has an 8+ ERA for the Rockies and they gave him away for cash considerations.

Do we have anyone you would trust with a 1 run lead in the 8th inning to get 3 outs against DET? I don't think so...MAYBE, just MAYBE, Myers. But trust? No way.

Sox bullpen pitched 10 innings this last sweep and gave up 3 runs. Or another perspective, just as many as Liriano allowed, a guy you defend any chance you get, in 6 less innings.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)

That's how 2005 worked for the Sox. Someone forgot to tell Iguchi, Uribe, Dye and Pods that they are suppose to roll over against the Twins. But eventually they buy into it.

That would also depend which 3 are batting for the Tigers in the 8th. I haven't seen anyone lately do a good job of keeping Fielder or Cabrera off the bases past the 7th.

any why couldn't Delmon Young save that choke job for last night?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
Sox bullpen pitched 10 innings this last sweep and gave up 3 runs.

Most of those innings were "blowout" innings, where the game wasn't really in doubt.

After the Young ball against Thornton with the bases loaded Friday night...and Saturday's no show...well, let's just say you'd rather see your bullpen hold a tie game at even or hold a one run lead in the 7th/8th than record good stats in games the Sox had little chance to win on those occasions.

Of course, the offense has to show up and put a little pressure on the opponents too.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
That's how 2005 worked for the Sox. Someone forgot to tell Iguchi, Uribe, Dye and Pods that they are suppose to roll over against the Twins. But eventually they buy into it.

That would also depend which 3 are batting for the Tigers in the 8th. I haven't seen anyone lately do a good job of keeping Fielder or Cabrera off the bases past the 7th.

any why couldn't Delmon Young save that choke job for last night?

Ozzie's fault!

:lolhitting

Cue robo-post Greg Ozzie defense.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
Most of those innings were "blowout" innings, where the game wasn't really in doubt.

After the Young ball against Thornton with the bases loaded Friday night...and Saturday's no show...well, let's just say you'd rather see your bullpen hold a tie game at even or hold a one run lead in the 7th/8th than record good stats in games the Sox had little chance to win on those occasions.

Of course, the offense has to show up and put a little pressure on the opponents too.

The starters have to pitch a little better. Peavy wasn't good. Liriano wasn't good, and Sale got beat by one of the biggest assholes in the league. The bullpen was fine. You can't expect them to not give up runs.