Santiagos's Screwball vs Guthrie's AL Rebirth

Kyyle23

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Left handed hitters are hitting .319 against Guthrie this year. I hope R. V. uses a few of them today, even with Dunn out of the lineup.

De Aza CF

Wise LF

A. J. C

Johnson DH

The rest of the lineup should include the regulars:

Rios RF

Konerko 1B

Ramirez SS

Beckham 2B

Youk 3B

Well, Lopez was absolutely horrible two nights ago and Olmedo at least plays consistent defense.

Not sure what they can do there, one area where KW seemingly dropped the ball.

It's telling that Robin Ventura has a lot more faith and trust in Dayan Viciedo against RH'ers than Dan Johnson.

The homer yesterday and the defensive gem that prevented Cain from scoring the 3rd run with Myers on the mound in the 8th were HUGE for the Sox....plus the assist from Alexei, who's the 3rd leading hitter with RISP in the AL this year. That has more than made up for his sub 700 OPS and low OBP and WAR and whatever SABR stat you want to throw out there. He's been as valuable, if not moreso, than any player on this team since June 1st.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
Well, Lopez was absolutely horrible two nights ago and Olmedo at least plays consistent defense.

Not sure what they can do there, one area where KW seemingly dropped the ball.

It's telling that Robin Ventura has a lot more faith and trust in Dayan Viciedo against RH'ers than Dan Johnson.

The homer yesterday and the defensive gem that prevented Cain from scoring the 3rd run with Myers on the mound in the 8th were HUGE for the Sox....plus the assist from Alexei, who's the 3rd leading hitter with RISP in the AL this year. That has more than made up for his sub 700 OPS and low OBP and WAR and whatever SABR stat you want to throw out there. He's been as valuable, if not moreso, than any player on this team since June 1st.

Leaders in fWAR in past 30 days

Alexei 1.0

Flowers 0.9

Wise 0.6

Viciedo 0.4

Dunn 0.4

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
De Aza CF

Ramirez SS

Wise LF

Konerko 1B

Rios RF

Pierzynski C

Viciedo DH

Lopez 3B

Beckham 2B

I don't love Ramirez in there today....he's 1 for 25 against Guthrie. I'd actually prefer a Lopez-Olmedo-Beckham infield, believe it or not.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
I don't love Ramirez in there today....he's 1 for 25 against Guthrie. I'd actually prefer a Lopez-Olmedo-Beckham infield, believe it or not.

You got it. Olmedo is playing now because Alexei was late to the park today.

One would also hope that would be the case if Ramirez was 11 for 25 versus Guthrie.

Wow, Eric Stults, who we waived this season, has one of the top 5 ERA's in baseball since August 8th for pitchers with a minimum of 28 IP.

Sub 2.00. Of course, would he have put up those numbers for the Sox, at USCF...instead of the Padres? Highly doubtful.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
Yeah, he's really come into his own in the last two months.

Could make this AJ decision a bit more interesting...

And that AJ has been a complete butcher lately..... I've always said the pitchers look better with Tyler behind the plate..(ok here come the stat fanatics.....)

Butler flips a duck snort into RF down the line, Rios had no chance. 1st and 3rd, 2 outs after K'ing Gordon with a nifty curve.

Perez, maybe their most impressive player, ripped the first pitch straight out at CF but DeAza made a fairly comfortable catch.

Edited by caulfield12