Santiagos's Screwball vs Guthrie's AL Rebirth

Kyyle23

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
Typical KC loss when Sox miss playoffs by 1 game hope they remember KC!

Typical insurance run RBI by Francouer too. He's absolutely useless against everyone, except us. Mostly because we don't know what a f***ing advanced scouting report is. Keep throwing him fastballs guys.

I don't mind that Olmedo isn't the most talented, I don't mind that he's a bad player, I don't mind that he's AAAA fodder or whatever term you want to apply.

When you're the 26th guy on a 25 man roster, or something like that...the one thing you do is hustle. Every play. You have to work harder than everyone else to stay on that roster. If you make a mistake, it better be a hustle mistake.

That's what hits me as pathetic today. I'd have wanted him benched in the 9th.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Typical insurance run RBI by Francouer too. He's absolutely useless against everyone, except us. Mostly because we don't know what a f***ing advanced scouting report is. Keep throwing him fastballs guys.

Sox do not spend s*** on scouting never have.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Glad I stayed up from 2 to 6 a.m. on a work day.

STUPID STUPID WHITE SOX, Olmedo and Ventura. Oh, and Myers.

ZERO confidence in Quintana beating Porcello, who has owned the Sox this season. It all comes down to Peavy vs. Fister on Tuesday. Jake's got to show up.

Also, zero confidence in Liriano beating Scherzer. In a way, it's fitting, the season rides on the shoulders of Peavy and Sale. Which Verlander will show up Thurday night? Which Sale? 89-91 MPH or 92-95 MPH version?

There is no such thing as a bad Verlander facing the Sox unless he walks in 4 runs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
I don't mind that Olmedo isn't the most talented, I don't mind that he's a bad player, I don't mind that he's AAAA fodder or whatever term you want to apply.

When you're the 26th guy on a 25 man roster, or something like that...the one thing you do is hustle. Every play. You have to work harder than everyone else to stay on that roster. If you make a mistake, it better be a hustle mistake.

That's what hits me as pathetic today. I'd have wanted him benched in the 9th.

What makes it ironic is the reason he was in the game today.

According to this site, releivers the Sox have that shouldn't be used in tight situations:

Jones

Thornton

Humber

Meyers

Reed

Considering many on this site insist on pitchers being pulled the first hint of trouble, who do you suggest they use? Can Veal pitch 75 innings the rest of the season?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
According to this site, releivers the Sox have that shouldn't be used in tight situations:

Jones

Thornton

Humber

Meyers

Reed

Considering many on this site insist on pitchers being pulled the first hint of trouble, who do you suggest they use? Can Veal pitch 75 innings the rest of the season?

I'm not sure anyone minded the use of the bullpen today. Eventually someone was going to lose it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 11:06 PM)

Jones

Thornton

Humber

Meyers

Reed

Thornton's fine as long as it's not the 9th. Jones has pitched pretty good of late, and seems like someone who should start innings so he had more room to work with.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm not sure anyone minded the use of the bullpen today. Eventually someone was going to lose it.

And the guy who did would get the mental midget posts (although I don't mind it directed at Myers), and the posts how someone would have managed the bullpen much better than it was managed.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
Sox were last or 2nd to last in scouting spending in MLB in a article I read 2 years ago.

Maybe scouting amateur talent, but not advanced scouting. I bet every team spends about the same amount. Maybe their scouts aren't as good, I have no idea, but they have reports on everyone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
And the guy who did would get the mental midget posts (although I don't mind it directed at Myers), and the posts how someone would have managed the bullpen much better than it was managed.

It wasn't the bullpen management. It's another veteran wetting the bed. I imagine the reason why Kenny got Myers is to take the pressure off the kids.

Myers is a mental midget.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
Maybe scouting amateur talent, but not advanced scouting. I bet every team spends about the same amount. Maybe their scouts aren't as good, I have no idea, but they have reports on everyone.

I don't think it's about scouting but knowing stats in a game situation.