Quin

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
This is probably a strong jinx, but Omogrosso is more than "just" a Sept call-up. He's actually very decent and might take over that Crain role in the somewhat near future. I'm happy to have him as our long man.

Yeah, I think they really like Omo. Good chance he breaks camp with the Sox next year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
This is probably a strong jinx, but Omogrosso is more than "just" a Sept call-up. He's actually very decent and might take over that Crain role in the somewhat near future. I'm happy to have him as our long man.

I don't see it at all. No plus pitches, and he's gotten away with a ton of pitches up in the zone this year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Not playing AJ today has to be the dumbest decision of all time, typical of our lay-down White Sox. There will be 6 months to rest pretty damn soon.

With all due respect, that's a silly post. AJ's played a lot of games in a row, and with a lefty on the mound, Flowers is a better option.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Gems from McCarver:

The word "fatigue" has only entered the game of baseball in the last decade or so"

"With the white sox power they can come back on any team. This is a good come from behind team"

The fatigue thing is awesome. The pussification of America has infiltrated baseball for sure. Thanks for benching AJ today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
I don't see it at all. No plus pitches, and he's gotten away with a ton of pitches up in the zone this year.

94-95mph heater that he throws for a strike, a decent slider he throws for a strike, and he's even flashed a serviceable changeup. Therein lies a decent bullpen arm

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)

Not so sure...he had a bit crisper fastball before the injuries hit.

We'll see how it holds up over the course of a full season, were he to make the team out of ST.

You'd have to go Reed, Thornton and Crain (not that I want to see Matt on the team again in 2013), Veal, Nathan Jones and that last spot is wide open between any number of possibilities like Omogrosso, Septimo, Marinez, Heath, Santos Rodriguez, Salvador Sanchez and the other youngster we have down in the AFL, Taylor Thompson, Rienzo, Axelrod, Castro, Molina, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
With all due respect, that's a silly post. AJ's played a lot of games in a row, and with a lefty on the mound, Flowers is a better option.

I figure the veteran would want to go down fighting rather than sitting in the dugout as young Sale stunk.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
94-95mph heater that he throws for a strike, a decent slider he throws for a strike, and he's even flashed a serviceable changeup. Therein lies a decent bullpen arm

He definitely doesn't sit at 95 mph with his fastball. He was at 92-93 this week.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
The fatigue thing is awesome. The pussification of America has infiltrated baseball for sure. Thanks for benching AJ today.

Against a filthy lefty like Moore, it's not a bad move.

You can argue either way. Tyler's going to struggle with a pitchers on either side with plus stuff with his inconsistent at-bats again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
He definitely doesn't sit at 95 mph with his fastball. He was at 92-93 this week.

The speed isn't terribly important since he doesn't really blow it by anyone anyway. He's kind of like Crain, though his slider doesn't look as good to me. It's all about throwing strikes for 'grosso, it's a tremendous part of his value. Not sure why he doesn't look anything like the guy he was reported to be though (100mph?)