Quin

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:47 PM)
He's significantly better at drawing a walk than Alexei. Not sure if that is because his eye is so much better or if pitchers are just less afraid to attack Alexei. I also think that Alexei puts balls in play at a higher rate than Dayan, but I'm not sure.

And Alexei flies out...

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
I think you're extremely wrong. Soriano's contract is significantly worse. There are some big market teams that will be in the hunt for a CF.

If it's possible to trade him, then I think the Sox will be all in to do so. We couldn't make playoffs even with him in the MVP conversation.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
If it's possible to trade him, then I think the Sox will be all in to do so. We couldn't make playoffs even with him in the MVP conversation.

That makes no sense. He was one of the few reasons they were in contention. If Konerko doesn't tank, then they probably make the postseason.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
We already have an $83 million obligation towards next season. So KW and Hahn need to get creative.

I bet Jerry shells out the cash. This pitching staff is going to need a few new members.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
There's a 1B that should be offered to everyone well before Rios. If you can trade PK, you can move Dunn to 1B.

If PK is doing this poorly because of non-injury reasons or an injury that isn't simply fixed, I have to put my money on his retirement in the offseason.