2012 WORLD SERIES OF BASEBALL!!!

Brian

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from my love of Ozzie and others' hatred of him, the other thing I disagree the most with people on this site is NL vs the AL.

Many of you yearly act as if the NL is some sort of inferior league. You dismiss pitchers' performances in the NL, acting as if NL pitchers would suck in the AL.

Well, it looks like for the third year in a row, the NL is going to win the World Series. The NL is not some weak doormat, folks. Maybe Detroit will come back and win, but Detroit got boatraced tonight and the NL AGAIN looks highly competitive vs. the AL.

I'm sick of all this talk that the NL sucks. Do you people have any proof the NL is inferior??? I say the two leagues are the same.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm sick of all this talk that the NL sucks. Do you people have any proof the NL is inferior??? I say the two leagues are the same.

All time interleague record, which is a bigger sample size than one isolated 7 game (if that) series. Pitchers batting being almost always automatic outs very time. Pitchers moving from the NL to AL and getting rocked. Average pitchers in the AL pitching better in the NL.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
All time interleague record, which is a bigger sample size than one isolated 7 game (if that) series. Pitchers batting being almost always automatic outs very time. Pitchers moving from the NL to AL and getting rocked. Average pitchers in the AL pitching better in the NL.

Yeah, it's pretty clear the AL is the superior league.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
Then it might help winning the WS or all star game once every so often. It's pretty embarrassing.

So the 13 years All Star Game winning streak for the AL from '97-'09 doesn't count? (Not that an exhibition game should matter in deciding what league is better) or the AL's 8 World Series wins in that same time frame?

And the AL interleague record is as follows: 2,081-1,883. Almost 200 games over .500, so yeah, superior.

You're just glomming on to the last two years because the NL has won both the All Star Game and World Series, which is a grand total of 14 games while ignoring the much bigger sample of almost 4,000 games in which the AL has completely dominated the NL.

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 01:29 AM)
So the 13 years All Star Game winning streak for the AL from '97-'09 doesn't count? (Not that an exhibition game should matter in deciding what league is better) or the AL's 8 World Series wins in that same time frame?

And the AL interleague record is as follows: 2,081-1,883. Almost 200 games over .500, so yeah, superior.

You're just glomming on to the last two years because the NL has won both the All Star Game and World Series, which is a grand total of 14 games while ignoring the much bigger sample of almost 4,000 games in which the AL has completely dominated the NL.

I dont know who you think you are talking to, but greg does not ignore hard facts that are contrary to his beliefs. He just doesnt.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I'd be pretty pissed if I was the Tigers. They lost homefield advantage because of Melky Cabrera.

They lost homefield advantage because Verlander tried to give the fans a show instead of actually trying to get batters out, he admitted as much himself.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 01:07 AM)
Then it might help winning the WS or all star game once every so often. It's pretty embarrassing.

What exactly is embarassing? Losing a glorified exhibition game that no one gives a s*** about?

Do you think players take pride in their league every year come WS time? Gimme a break, half of them probably don't even watch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
What exactly is embarassing? Losing a glorified exhibition game that no one gives a s*** about?

Do you think players take pride in their league every year come WS time? Gimme a break, half of them probably don't even watch.

Let me know when one of you is scheduled to call Les Grobstien's show about this AL-NL issue. He will eat you alive, or try to if you say the AL is totally dominant.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Let me know when one of you is scheduled to call Les Grobstien's show about this AL-NL issue. He will eat you alive, or try to if you say the AL is totally dominant.

Im not up at 2 AM listening to radio

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
I would not be surprised if Verlander gets smacked around by the likes Pagan, Scutaro and Sandoval. Watching Scurtaro mash ball after ball and Sandoval being an RBI machine was enjoyable. The Giants are just the better team period. However, I know the saying... anything can happen in the postseason.

GO YOU FUGGIN' SF GIANTS!

Very impressive, my friend. Very impressive.