2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 07:50 AM)
Brandon McCarthy ‏@BMcCarthy32

Now that I'm on the inside of this process, I've done the math and figured out that 96% of all hot stove info & rumors are complete nonsense

God I love him. I want him so badly to be back with the Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
Has there ever been a Winter Meetings with so few trades?

Greinke and Hamilton are holding up the whole offseason, and they probably would have had more action if the Winter Meetings were next week and not this week.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
Has there ever been a Winter Meetings with so few trades?

It seems like every year for the past 5 years it has gradually gotten less and less. I think social media/cell phones/etc has made the winter meetings more of a formality than a necessity. Who needs to get in a room with another GM to work out a deal when he can skype/facetime/teleconference with him at any moment.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
Greinke and Hamilton are holding up the whole offseason, and they probably would have had more action if the Winter Meetings were next week and not this week.

It would probably just delay the free agent action a week. I do agree the free agents are holding up trades. I just wish there was a way they could get the major guys out of the way before the winter meetings began. I think it would make a real nice offseason event for MLB, but with contracts what they are, and only going higher, it probably will never happen. Also, the days of baseball trades with contracts not playing the leading role for either side, are probably over as well.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 08:12 AM)
Greinke is married to a former Cowboys cheerleader. Maybe she is pushing for Texas.

I agree. Don't discount the effect of the wife, especially when the money is fairly even.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
Jim Salisbury ‏@JSalisburyCSN

Source: it is in Michael Young's hands whether he wants to be a Phillie. He is deciding whether to waive no trade.

Mike, honestly, they have traded you every year for the past 3 years and you keep blocking it. Go somewhere they want you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Two Upton blockbuster in play. One is three teams: #Diamondbacks, #Rangers, #Rays. Other is four teams, including #Mariners.

Diamondbacks end up with Shields and and Andrus I am assuming? Rays get prospects from Rangers as well? Upton to Texas?