**2012 Election Day thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
Practically everyone on this site made the same exact predictions.

i think everyone pretty much knew Obama would win. But having a statistical model that got 49/50 in 2008 and 50/50 in 2012 is pretty dang good.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
Practically everyone on this site made the same exact predictions.

Did you ever think that was because of Nate Silver? Because I know my blowout prediction was based off his.

Gotta love people. Before the election Nate Silver is a clueless dumbass and after he just knew what everyone else did.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
Did you ever think that was because of Nate Silver? Because I know my blowout prediction was based off his.

Gotta love people. Before the election Nate Silver is a clueless dumbass and after he just knew what everyone else did.

Never heard of him before this election, and didn't make my prediction based on anything he said.

Yet I was still right. OMG I'M THE BESTEST.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
The ridicule/celebration of silver isn't directed at soxtalk posters but dumb pundits.

This is pretty much more along the lines of my point.

People are making Silver out to be a genius when, in reality, he's simply being real, and not manipulating numbers to come to his conclusions.

I don't think his "algorithms" are any better than anyone else's, he's simply not futzing with them for no apparent partisan reason.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
Shut up with the Nate Silver s***, guys, seriously.

Practically everyone witha brain predicted Obama. Stop pretending this guy is smarter than everyone else that said the same exact thing.

Unfortunately, a lot of people tried to claim that all of the polling was in the tank for Obama (because for some reason they'd prefer that to being accurate). Many folks believed them. This board...not really -- you guys are smart, I'd imagine the Cubs message boards were the ones thinking Romney would get 300 electoral votes.

I post on a HS Baseball Recruitment message board and they thought Romney would win 55% of the electoral vote. Lots of people are standing in echo chambers and never accept facts. This election is one more step towards the acceptance of facts.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
*sigh*

Sigh yourself.

You want to make Silver a genius when all he's doing is not lying with his educated predictions, while conversely, many others are lying for partisan reasons. In other words, STFU with your sigh.

Now that Obama has won, there's absolutely no reason for Republicans in Congress to block his every move. If they continue to do so, I really hope/pray they all get their asses kicked out of Congress in their next elections.

Obama has 4 more years then it'll be Hillary vs. Whomever.

So let him get his measures PASSED. Give him a chance. There's absolutely no f***ing reason to block his measures cause he can't run again.

Agree???

Fire all bastards who refuse to cooperate with the president the next four years. I mean if he tries to pass something ridiculous, where he's appeared to have lost his mind, yes call Obama on it. But let him do what he can to get the economy going, etc.

I mean our country may no longer be the best in the world in four years if things continue on this path. If the economy is 10 times worst in four years, then all those Congressmen who are blocking Obama may be guaranteeing their kids and grandkids HORRIBLE futures.

Time to cooperate, assholes!!!

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
Unfortunately, a lot of people tried to claim that all of the polling was in the tank for Obama (because for some reason they'd prefer that to being accurate). Many folks believed them. This board...not really -- you guys are smart, I'd imagine the Cubs message boards were the ones thinking Romney would get 300 electoral votes.

I post on a HS Baseball Recruitment message board and they thought Romney would win 55% of the electoral vote. Lots of people are standing in echo chambers and never accept facts. This election is one more step towards the acceptance of facts.

This is my point.

Yes, in comparison to a bunch of retarded partisan kids, Nate Silver is a genius of polling!

But in reality, he's one the the few that isn't manipulating numbers.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
Before the election Nate Silver is a clueless dumbass and after he just knew what everyone else did.

And please, don't put words in my mouth.

Before the election, Silver is exactly the same thing he was after the election, someone that doesn't manipulate numbers just to make his 'side' the winner. He's more interested in reality than fiction.

Again.

Comparing him to the likes of Rove, Morris, et al...yes, he's a genius. And again, that's like comparing your baseball skills to a 6 year old with down syndrome. It doesn't make you smarter/faster/better...it just makes you not handicapped. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
Maryland voted to legalize gay marriage. First state to do so by popular vote.

I stand corrected. Maryland contains people that are not ignorant f***ing dumbasses. Too bad the other 49 states do.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 11:06 PM)
Where are you getting that info? Seattle Times showing both winning.

I was just being me, Big Man.

I think it will pass in a few places, but overall get rejected by the masses.

Why...I don't know.

Maybe I've just given up on people.

Look at you. I met you and I started to believe again...and then you moved away. :(