2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
Ive tried best buy and gamestop.. I dont want to do amazon because I feel like its too risky to have a piece of equipment like that in the hands of some slobby delivery man who might toss it in his truck or something like that.. am I wrong for having this concern?

I purchased a ps3 slim a month or so ago through amazon with no issues.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
I wonder how far that price will actually drop. It's still the best-performing bluray player on the market with wifi built-in, which commands a price tag. The added hard drive and ability to play games and PSN make me wonder how long they'll produce it.

God, I love my PS3.

GTA 5 bundle that includes the game, headset, 1 month of PS+, and 500 GBPS3 will cost $299. Which means you can sell the game + headset for at least $100. So a 500 GB Ps3 + 1 month of PS+ for $200. That's incredible.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-gta-5-exclusive/

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
New Smash character: Wii Fit Trainer. Lol

I watched the gameplay of Megaman, Samus and Starfox. The game looks very slick.

Mariokart 8 looks insane, driving up walls and the auto hover karts. I want to play now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
GTA 5 bundle that includes the game, headset, 1 month of PS+, and 500 GBPS3 will cost $299. Which means you can sell the game + headset for at least $100. So a 500 GB Ps3 + 1 month of PS+ for $200. That's incredible.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-gta-5-exclusive/

Wow.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
Nintendo may lose this gen, but can still recover. The decision to go with current gen graphics 7 years after the fact is very odd.

I just don't get it. Nintendo will get no 3rd party support once developers start tapping into the true power of the other next gen systems. If Nintendo was releasing a major 1st party game every month it probably wouldn't matter, but that's never going to be the case. Without big developers like EA, Activision, & Ubisoft there will major droughts throughout the year and in key genres. For f***'s sake, EA isn't even putting a Madden on the system this year.

Also, they initially sold the Wii U as a console for the hardcore gamer, but so far it seems like they're still targeting the casual gamer with Nintendo Land, Wii Fit/Party, & two safe Mario games. That's what pisses me off. I want to see a next gen experience, not another Wii Party in HD. Nintendo can make some of the best pure gaming experiences, which should only be more immersive with HD graphics, but they're over-saturating themselves with this casual garbage.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
I just don't get it. Nintendo will get no 3rd party support once developers start tapping into the true power of the other next gen systems. If Nintendo was releasing a major 1st party game every month it probably wouldn't matter, but that's never going to be the case. Without big developers like EA, Activision, & Ubisoft there will major droughts throughout the year and in key genres. For f***'s sake, EA isn't even putting a Madden on the system this year.

Also, they initially sold the Wii U as a console for the hardcore gamer, but so far it seems like they're still targeting the casual gamer with Nintendo Land, Wii Fit/Party, & two safe Mario games. That's what pisses me off. I want to see a next gen experience, not another Wii Party in HD. Nintendo can make some of the best pure gaming experiences, which should only be more immersive with HD graphics, but they're over-saturating themselves with this casual garbage.

I long ago stopped trying to understand their plan. I'm with you, I wish they would open up to the third party support too, but they are notoriously obsessive compulsive with third parties and meddle a lot. In th end I get the games I want and I also find some new ones here and there that fill out my collection. For the Wii I really liked World of Goo, De Blob(1 and 2), Lost in Shadow, Toki Tori, and A Boy and his Blob outside of the normal Mario's and Zelda's.

I already bought Pikmin and Wonderful 101, now I'm just waiting for them to get released. Not really all that excited for Bayonetta 2, but I do want to give Lego City Undercover a shot, and I'm sure the Disney "Skylanders" type game will make its way into my collection seeing how I have a 12 year old, a 3 year old and a newborn.

It's just so f***ing annoying how they drag everything out

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 02:25 AM)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gam...-says-microsoft

Microsoft: "Don't have internet? You have a 360."

Or a PS4 or Wii U...

It is seriously amazing how arrogant they continue to be after the disaster of the last two days. It isnt just some guy on a nuclear sub that doesnt have internet

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
If something like that happened (it almost never does) then amazon has a system set up to rectify it that's pretty hassle free

All systems get shipped via a distributor anyway. It isn't like the system you are buying from target/best buy wasn't already shipped. Amazon system is just shipped one additional time.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
Without big developers like EA, Activision, & Ubisoft there will major droughts throughout the year and in key genres. For f***'s sake, EA isn't even putting a Madden on the system this year.

I think Ubisoft is the only third party really going in on the Wii U. Between Zombie U, the Assassin's Creed games always coming to Wii U and a few others they've supported it pretty well.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
I think Ubisoft is the only third party really going in on the Wii U. Between Zombie U, the Assassin's Creed games always coming to Wii U and a few others they've supported it pretty well.

They just announced to investors that they're cutting support. So the mutliplatform games in development will still come, but after that probably not much.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
They just announced to investors that they're cutting support. So the mutliplatform games in development will still come, but after that probably not much.

Sort of. They told Nintendo "if you sell more systems you will get more exclusives"

So the onus is on Nintendo now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)
Sort of. They told Nintendo "if you sell more systems you will get more exclusives"

So the onus is on Nintendo now

I still can't believe that Nintendo doesn't have a Mario game and a Zelda game lined up for every launch. You know you're going to release a system, how can you not be prepared for that? I, along with hundreds of thousands of others, would have been lining up for the Wii U. Instead, the launch came out with a bunch of crap and only the promise of those games at some point in the future. Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda's, but i'm not dropping the price of the console and the game to play it when I can pop it into my Wii and play it right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 13, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
I still can't believe that Nintendo doesn't have a Mario game and a Zelda game lined up for every launch. You know you're going to release a system, how can you not be prepared for that? I, along with hundreds of thousands of others, would have been lining up for the Wii U. Instead, the launch came out with a bunch of crap and only the promise of those games at some point in the future. Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda's, but i'm not dropping the price of the console and the game to play it when I can pop it into my Wii and play it right now.

Im gonna get it. Im holding out hope that the missing dungeon is added back in. Supposedly the tingle tuner and the take a picture element are going to be a lot better with the gamepad

The biggest group of people affected by the XBOX needing internet thing are college students. There are a lot of campuses that block connections by XBOXes to save bandwidth. You can usually get around it by bridging, but hardly anybody bothers with that and if you have a Mac computer it's ten times more difficult.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 13, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
The biggest group of people affected by the XBOX needing internet thing are college students. There are a lot of campuses that block connections by XBOXes to save bandwidth. You can usually get around it by bridging, but hardly anybody bothers with that and if you have a Mac computer it's ten times more difficult.

And that is one of their larger demographics...good going Microsoft.

This is interesting.

For example, there are 75 million Xbox 360s in the world, but only 46 million online accounts, and of those, only about half pay for the extra features of the "gold" account, which lets you do things like play multiplayer.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-every.../#ixzz2W8O28x7a

Edited by Iwritecode