2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
I've found that in AV4 iI have a bit of OCD. Anytime I find an island with random stuff on it, I have to find everything before moving onto the next mission.

I know that feeling. Any game where the trophies/stars/awards are shown at the beginning of the level and I dont want to move on until I get them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
I know that feeling. Any game where the trophies/stars/awards are shown at the beginning of the level and I dont want to move on until I get them.

Which suuuuuuuucks because then games take soo much longer

/slowpoke

I am trying to beat Borderlands 1 so I can start Borderlands 2. Those games have so much to do it's unreal

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
I've found that in AC4 I have a bit of OCD. Anytime I find an island with random stuff on it, I have to find everything before moving onto the next mission.

I had the same thing. It definitely slowed me down, but I think it was a good way to do it because by the time I got to the last few main story memory sequences I was able to just plow through that and not get distracted.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
Which suuuuuuuucks because then games take soo much longer

/slowpoke

I am trying to beat Borderlands 1 so I can start Borderlands 2. Those games have so much to do it's unreal

You can power through both Borderlands if you don't get the lust for guns. They're pretty easy games. It's not like Dead Space 2 or Ninja Gaiden Black.

So the harpooning thing is pretty cool. But man, the crocodiles in this game are pretty lame. In Far Cry 3, it was hard to see them in the water and they would scare the s*** out of you when they would attack. In AC4, I can see them a half mile away and I was swimming behind one for a few seconds trying to kill it in water before I realized I couldn't. They are no scarier than killing a wild pig. Definitely liked the wildlife better in Far Cry. This game actually makes me want Far Cry 4 even more. I've heard April 4th, 2014 as a possible reveal for the 4th installment, probably to come out around this time next year hopefully.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 25, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
Any Wii U owners get NES Remix yet? It's a $15 download and really is just a bunch NES WarioWare like challenges, but it's pretty f***ing awesome. I am enjoying it right now more than any of my PS4 launch titles.

The price kind of scared me off from it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 06:19 PM)
The price kind of scared me off from it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
You think 15 bucks is too pricey? A friend of mine has been telling me since it hit the E Store to buy it

If you love classic NES games, it's easily worth the money IMO.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
I wanna play the new Assassin's Creed game, do I need to play any over the other games first or can I just jump in and figure it out?

I got about 20% in to the game, and they really haven't referred back to the old games in the storyline so far. But I am sure there are either Youtube videos or a wiki page somewhere with a synopsis of the storyline as it goes. This game probably feels the least connected maybe because the secondary main character, Desmond, who exists in the present day parts of the game, dies at the end of AC3. In AC4 you appear to be a new, faceless (and maybe nameless?) character. Again, I'm only 20% through though, so maybe his storyline fleshes out more.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
I wanna play the new Assassin's Creed game, do I need to play any over the other games first or can I just jump in and figure it out?

No, but if you have any interest in AC at all, play AC2. It's the best game in the franchise. If you're just interested in AC4 because you just wanna be a pirate, well, then you can happily play AC4 without worrying about too much stuff from the other games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
My f***ing Lord is NBA 2k14 on next gen f***ing incredible.

It is. But...just wait until you've played a whole 82 game season, win a first round playoff series in 7 games, and then not be able to advance to the next round because of a bug in the game. That's where I'm at. :crying It's depressing and very frustrating.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
It is. But...just wait until you've played a whole 82 game season, win a first round playoff series in 7 games, and then not be able to advance to the next round because of a bug in the game. That's where I'm at. :crying It's depressing and very frustrating.

Wait, what?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 06:43 AM)
The controls for NBA 2k14 Piss me off.

Also, no GM will trade for Luol Deng.

It's impossible to pull off a trade that is beneficial to you in that game. You always have to trade a guy with a higher ranking for a guy with a lower one, otherwise the other GM just won't budge.

I wanted to trade Ibaka (84) for Al Horford (82) and the CPU wanted more. Both are 3.5 star players. I threw in a draft pick and they took it. I think you need to gather some sort of negotiation skill (one you need to buy with VC) or some s*** to pull off better trades.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
It's impossible to pull off a trade that is beneficial to you in that game. You always have to trade a guy with a higher ranking for a guy with a lower one, otherwise the other GM just won't budge.

I wanted to trade Ibaka (84) for Al Horford (82) and the CPU wanted more. Both are 3.5 star players. I threw in a draft pick and they took it. I think you need to gather some sort of negotiation skill (one you need to buy with VC) or some s*** to pull off better trades.

But did you find the TRADE FINDER feature? I selected Boozer and went to TRADE FINDER and had 22 deals to sift through. Most were pretty bad, but the Lakers were dangling Gasol (and Jodie Meeks) for Boozer and Taj. I jumped all over that deal to get the expiring.

I also downloaded next year's legit draft class and happen to have the Jazz's 1st round pick (the AI does not value those properly).

I put Deng into the TRADE FINDER and had 29 offers, including Batum straight up. But honestly, Deng's pretty decent in that game, and I'd rather have the expiring.

Clearly hoping one of the studs opts out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
But did you find the TRADE FINDER feature? I selected Boozer and went to TRADE FINDER and had 22 deals to sift through. Most were pretty bad, but the Lakers were dangling Gasol (and Jodie Meeks) for Boozer and Taj. I jumped all over that deal to get the expiring.

I also downloaded next year's legit draft class and happen to have the Jazz's 1st round pick (the AI does not value those properly).

I put Deng into the TRADE FINDER and had 29 offers, including Batum straight up. But honestly, Deng's pretty decent in that game, and I'd rather have the expiring.

Clearly hoping one of the studs opts out.

Oh awesome, I'm gonna have to try that out.

I'll also try to trade for the first pick. I downloaded next year's draft class. I'd love to have a guy like Jabari or Randle coming off my bench. My team is pretty stacked at SF/PF ATM with Durant and Lee.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)

I'll also try to trade for the first pick. I downloaded next year's draft class. I'd love to have a guy like Jabari or Randle coming off my bench. My team is pretty stacked at SF/PF ATM with Durant and Lee.

Ha, that is stacked. My roster is pretty much realistic right now, just with finally pulling off the Gasol deal that's been rumored in reality. I do have Danny Green coming off the bench. OH AND A HEALTHY ROSE WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY UNREALISTIC.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)

Yeah, just go to FRONT OFFICE and hit R2, and it'll pull up the FIND TRADE, PLAYER FINDER, and TRADE FINDER OPTIONS. Go to TRADE FINDER and select any player on your roster, and the teams will come callin'.