2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you play Madden on the xbone it lets you speak certain commands to the kinnect during games to do things like audible or call timeout etc. Ive noticed that if the announcers say the words "time out" during the cut scenes between plays it calls a time out for you. Kind of annoying and also mildly funny to think about how easily something like that can get overlooked.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Heres why GTA sucks for me, I am now at a point where I have no missions popping up and all I am doing is driving around. WTF.

That happened to me in the first hour or two of playing. I eventually (10-15 minutes later) got something to do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 04:34 PM)
Order of Mario Kart Awesomeness:

1. Mario Kart 64

2. Mario Kart Double Dash

3. Mario Kart Wii

4. Super Mario Kart

You could very easily make a case for 64, DD or Wii being the best and I'd buy it. Not Super though. It's complete trash in comparison.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
You could very easily make a case for 64, DD or Wii being the best and I'd buy it. Not Super though. It's complete trash in comparison.

It's a f***ing SNES game! When it came out it was the absolute s***... and it didn't have any bulls*** "make the race close" by slowing down the leader crap, either. I adored that game, and we were talking about memories. It remains my favorite.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Story mode, there is literally nothing on my map or phone or anything.

I'm only like 30% through the story because I keep doing all the side stuff. Triathlons, car races, hunting, stunt jumps, epsilon tracts, rampages, letter scraps, flight school...

I always try to save the last mission as one of the last things I do. Although I am saving the Lester assassinations for after the final heist so I can make lots of money.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
I love and hate the holiday season. Picked up Assassins Creed IV for $35 ($38 after tax) at Best Buy over the weekend, thinking that was a great deal. And now Amazon has it for $30.

I can't figure out if I want to buy AC4 for $30 on Amazon, or just spend $10 to rent it for a week.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
I can't figure out if I want to buy AC4 for $30 on Amazon, or just spend $10 to rent it for a week.

I don't know how much of the side stuff you do in an AC game, but it's a f***ing massive game. I couldn't imagine playing it in a week to any level of satisfaction.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
All the other AC games were beatable in a week, if you just stuck to the story mode.

Correct. This is the biggest AC game yet. Plus, this isn't the kind of game you'd want to just stick to the story mode. That's almost like just playing the story in GTA V. It's not quite that level, but it's closer than any previous AC game.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 11:13 PM)
Correct. This is the biggest AC game yet. Plus, this isn't the kind of game you'd want to just stick to the story mode. That's almost like just playing the story in GTA V. It's not quite that level, but it's closer than any previous AC game.

Did they try to make it Far Cry 3'ish at least? Because I f***ing loved that game. Put at least 50 hours in to that baby.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
Did they try to make it Far Cry 3'ish at least? Because I f***ing loved that game. Put at least 50 hours in to that baby.

Yep. I haven't played Far Cry 3, but that's what they said they were trying to do.