2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
A friend of mine and i were just discussing older games that we got rid of, lost, or lent to a friend and had them go missing, only to find out that they are worth a lot of money now.

I lent a friend a gamecube game 3 years ago called Eternal Darkness, and his sister lost it(or took/stole/sold it. whatever, its gone)

Its going for 90 bucks on amazon now :( Not that i want to sell it, I actually want to play it.

I still have a copy of that. It's yours for....$90 bucks!

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
I still have a never-been-opened Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for N64. Who wants it for $100? :lol:

Loved that game. So ridiculous, I usually had 40 homeruns for every player in the lineup by May

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
Loved that game. So ridiculous, I usually had 40 homeruns for every player in the lineup by May

Mike Cameron was a stud for me every single season, almost as much so as Frank Thomas.

But speaking of that game, I found this quiz....

http://www.sporcle.com/games/tabb/griffeyquiz

I got 5 out of 8, but the Rockies player was right on the tip of my tongue, I just couldn't spit it out. Never would have gotten the Twins one.

Ken Caminiti was the guy I traded for whenever I started a season. Ridiculous power from both sides of the plate. LOL, i loved how you could slide the players back and forth in the box, just square up the ball and destroy it. Only Randy Johnson could hold me below 10 runs in a game, his slider killed me.

My KGJ baseball was played so much that the sticker on the front is half melted off. Same for my Super Mario 64. Seriously, Super Mario 64 is one of the best games ever made. It would be difficult to make substantial improvements on the gameplay even today.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 07:17 AM)
My KGJ baseball was played so much that the sticker on the front is half melted off. Same for my Super Mario 64. Seriously, Super Mario 64 is one of the best games ever made. It would be difficult to make substantial improvements on the gameplay even today.

Have you played Mario Galaxy 1 and 2? Because the improvements are right there

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
The Galaxy games represent some of the best pure gaming ever IMO. It will be interesting to see how 3D World stacks up to them.

I'm looking forward to playing it, I like that the characters are getting the Super Mario Bros 2 skill sets

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
Do a barrel roll!

I was playing GTA 5 online and we were finishing up a very difficult and long mission where we had to steal a plane. We finally cleared the area and I took the plane to fly it back to end the mission. I shouted "DO A BARREL ROLL!" in my headset and then proceeded to barrel roll in to a building and fail the mission. My accomplices were not amused.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 24, 2013 -> 02:43 AM)
I can't tell if this is a trick question, because the game I loved and still play is Mario Kart 64, which is maybe what was in mind when the poster said "Super Mario Kart".

Super Mario Kart is the SNES iteration.

I know we all have discussed this before, but Double Dash is my favorite. I loved being able to combine different skill sets. MK Wii is pretty awesome though

Super Mario Kart was definitely the most challenging and rewarding game in the series, since it required legitimate skill to be good at. Probably the best Mario Kart game from a technical standpoint, but being limited to two players does suck if you go back now and want to play multiplier.

Regardless, I still had a f***ton more fun playing Mario Kart 64 than the SNES version. Just so easy for anyone to pickup and play. Double Dash was pretty good as well, but lost some the magic of the 64 one for whatever reason.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 24, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
Super Mario Kart is the SNES iteration.

I know we all have discussed this before, but Double Dash is my favorite. I loved being able to combine different skill sets. MK Wii is pretty awesome though

I realize that, I just didn't know anyone liked it better than Mario Kart 64.