Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
so how long is Texas going to let Mack Brown run their program into the ground. I mean its not like we've seen this before with older coaches, ie Bowden and Paterno.

He has to go. They have no reason not to be in national championship contention every single year.

Now it's time for Texas to pony up and give Saban like $25M/year, and get him out of the SEC for me.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 04:30 PM)
Ball State 2-0, both dominating wins. I heard from someone we were preseason ranked #35 by CBS or something, which seems waaaay to generous, but I wonder if after this week if we are somewhere around a top 40 spot.

You struggled against Illinois State until about the mid 3rd quarter last week. Doing that against an FCS team is far from "dominating."

Good to know IU's run defense has improved. What a brutal game to watch. I'm trying to console myself with the fact that we won't face an offense like that again, but that's about all I can take from this.

Oh, and Sudfeld looked good again (outside of an awful pick in the red zone), so there's that I guess.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
At least this year we won't have a championship game wasted on ND. Hopefully they lose a couple more and won't have to deal with seeing them in any significant game.

Yep. Be ignorant. ND is a good team. Michigan is a really good team. Last night was a fun, close game, and the best team won.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
I think they are a potential top 10 team. To me, that is a really good team. I think ND is a top 15 team.

I think I'd have them more top 15 and ND top 25, but definitely don't have them on the top tier with Bama, Stanford & co.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
I think I'd have them more top 15 and ND top 25, but definitely don't have them on the top tier with Bama, Stanford & co.

Big difference between top 3 and top 10 or top 15. Neither is going to be a national champion (and I never claimed such). Michigan is one of the 3 best teams in the big ten, potentially the 2nd best. I think Ohio State is better then them and Wisconsin might be as well (hard to judge for certain on Wisconsin but they've looked damn good in their 1st 2 cupcakes).