2013 Minor League Transactions

NorthSideSox72

Bristol and Great Falls rosters not fully posted yet, but starting to get some assignment information trickling in (draft picks and returnees). So far looks like:

BRISTOL

LHP Jordan Guerrero

RHP Matt Ball

LHP Andre Wheeler

INF Tim Anderson

INF Audry Santana

RHP Charlie Sharrer

INF Toby Thomas

OF Nolan Earley

GREAT FALLS

RHP Brad Goldberg

LHP Jeff McKenzie

C Dillon Haupt

C Trey Wimmer

--Tyler Danish is talking going east, but not sure if he means Bristol or Kanny.

--Sammy Ayala likely back to Bristol, given that the two drafted catchers are going to GF.

--Barnum will go wherever Hayes doesn't, I'd assume, but we don't know either yet... but given Barnum's youth, he's likely ticketed for Bristol, with Hayes to GF, if I had to guess.

That's all I got right now.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Sox signed David Cales. He pitched at Mizzou as a freshman when I was a freshman. He had a really good year out of the bullpen and had the best intro song. I think he wanted to hit more or something like that and transferred to UIC. His mom works in Sox ticket sales or something in the front office.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Bristol and Great Falls rosters not fully posted yet, but starting to get some assignment information trickling in (draft picks and returnees). So far looks like:

BRISTOL

LHP Jordan Guerrero

RHP Matt Ball

LHP Andre Wheeler

INF Tim Anderson

INF Audry Santana

RHP Charlie Sharrer

INF Toby Thomas

OF Nolan Earley

GREAT FALLS

RHP Brad Goldberg

LHP Jeff McKenzie

C Dillon Haupt

C Trey Wimmer

--Tyler Danish is talking going east, but not sure if he means Bristol or Kanny.

--Sammy Ayala likely back to Bristol, given that the two drafted catchers are going to GF.

--Barnum will go wherever Hayes doesn't, I'd assume, but we don't know either yet... but given Barnum's youth, he's likely ticketed for Bristol, with Hayes to GF, if I had to guess.

That's all I got right now.

Tyler Danish: Tweeted "Hello Bristol" two days ago.

Sammy Ayala: Still listed w/ Bristol.

Keon Barnum: He's actually listed with the Kannapolis Intimidators.

Danny Hayes: Still playing in the CWS.

Tim Anderson is also now headed for Kanny.

Edited by jthunder93

Kanny sent a few guys down to Great Falls and Bristol to make room for the draftees they are getting. Great Falls has a complete roster out there now.

I had a list of 3 guys unaccounted for, but saw Bryce Mosier, C, was released. I also found Zach Toney appears to have retired (he had a nice season last year too). The only guy I have no idea on is Kevin Moran. Assuming he is out with arm surgery or something.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 06:09 PM)
I had a list of 3 guys unaccounted for, but saw Bryce Mosier, C, was released. I also found Zach Toney appears to have retired (he had a nice season last year too). The only guy I have no idea on is Kevin Moran. Assuming he is out with arm surgery or something.

Good catches on all 3. I just noticed Mosier and Toney last night myself. It's a shame about Mosier because the guy was drafted out of high school and missed out on the chance to play college baseball for two summers of pro ball.

Moran was hurt last year with Tommy John (pretty sure) and I'm not sure he fully recovered. Odds are very high it's injury related with him.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 01:45 AM)
Good catches on all 3. I just noticed Mosier and Toney last night myself. It's a shame about Mosier because the guy was drafted out of high school and missed out on the chance to play college baseball for two summers of pro ball.

Moran was hurt last year with Tommy John (pretty sure) and I'm not sure he fully recovered. Odds are very high it's injury related with him.

Thanks. I also have never found where Luis Castillo is, he is one of our Latin America signees, not in the DSL or either of the two entry teams, Bristol and Great Falls. But I am not surprised, likely just working out in Arizona or something?

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 09:06 PM)
Thanks. I also have never found where Luis Castillo is, he is one of our Latin America signees, not in the DSL or either of the two entry teams, Bristol and Great Falls. But I am not surprised, likely just working out in Arizona or something?

Castillo is on the 60 day DL apparently.

QUOTE (jthunder93 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
Tyler Danish: Tweeted "Hello Bristol" two days ago.

Sammy Ayala: Still listed w/ Bristol.

Keon Barnum: He's actually listed with the Kannapolis Intimidators.

Danny Hayes: Still playing in the CWS.

Tim Anderson is also now headed for Kanny.

I asked local reporter Tim Hayes yesterday about Tyler Danish. He said he may get action in relief on Sunday. Not going to start right away because of the 95 IP this year in High School.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
I'm surprised they're giving him that stop. I just assumed he'd go straight to Chicago

Maybe it's a move with the thought that he'll only be there until the trade deadline. :huh

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
Maybe it's a move with the thought that he'll only be there until the trade deadline. :huh

Unless he's going to the bullpen, that'd require moving 2 starters from the major league team.

Might be a "get him to AAA and give him a look in September to decide whether he's part of the 2014 rotation" move.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Tracy was on the DL, so I do not think it opens up a spot yet.

Correct. It is not one of those imminent, someone is moving up today, type moves. More like, another clue, along with DeMichele playing SS.