2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
Cutler is the only one I would consider for a multi year extension. Peanut is just about done.

People have been saying this about Peanut for like 5 years now. Last year was probably the best season of his career and the year before that was probably the second best.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
Just to recap:

1st play of 1st practice: Cutler interception

1st play of 2nd practice: Cutler interception

1st play of 3rd practice: Cutler incomplete pass

#Progress :P

We gotta stop pretending training camp means anything.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
People have been saying this about Peanut for like 5 years now. Last year was probably the best season of his career and the year before that was probably the second best.

Im willing to wager he spends a significant amount of time out the next 2 seasons.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 4m

THIS JUST IN: NFL Pro Bowl will no longer have AFC vs. NFC format. Teams will be chosen with fantasy-like draft. (via @AdamSchefter)

That's cool. I wish all the leagues would do this for the all-star games to make them more fun. I recall the NHL did something like this where the players choose the teams recently.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)

THIS JUST IN: NFL Pro Bowl will no longer have AFC vs. NFC format. Teams will be chosen with fantasy-like draft. (via @AdamSchefter)

Yes, that will get people to watch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)

I wish they would just do away with the game completely... Just name a Pro Bowl team without the game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)

What they need to do is add a skills competition and make a weekend out of it. I still probably wouldn't watch the game itself but a skills competition could be all sorts of fun.

What they need to do is add a skills competition and make a weekend out of it. I still probably wouldn't watch the game itself but a skills competition could be all sorts of fun.

I have a co-worker who went to this year's Pro Bowl. He didn't go to Hawaii for that reason, but happened to be on vacation there at that time and somebody offered him $10 tickets so he went. He said it didn't even feel like he was at a real football game.

Pat Tomasulo on WGN explained that there will be no more special teams or kick off returns, which makes it a glorified practice.

Funniest part was when he said, "So no Devin Hester at the Pro Bowl", because Hester has been such a pro bowl caliber returner the past few seasons.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 02:03 AM)

This. The old QB Challenge was a god damned blast to watch.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:48 AM)
It was a joke... I couldn't care less that Cutler opened the 1st 2 practices with INTs.

It's hard to tell sometimes especially while I'm watching my Twitter have a meltdown.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
For what it's worth, the Alouettes have fallen apart without Trestman, Calvillo's QB rating plummeted, and they just fired their HC.

They shouldn't worry, Trestman will be back there coaching in a couple years. :D

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 02:03 AM)

The skills at the NHL game is the best thing about any all-star game.