2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
And I do feel good that this was first game defense showed improvement.

Yeah, they definitely played a bit better. No turnovers, but they were able to contain this Saints offense.

That being said, the Saints aren't as good outside the dome. They barely won against the Bucs on the road earlier this year.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if we entered the season knowing we would start 3-2, that would be fine. The expectation was that this amount of change in the coaching staff would come with some consequences.

The real question you have to ask is whether we will continue to improve as the season moves along and the coaching staff can make its mark or if the rest of the league will catch up to our new tricks and we will have a somewhat downward trajectory.

This game is a perfect example of why the Bears struggle vs the elite QBs. They thrive on takeaways, but guys like Bress, Rodgers, Manning etc dont make mistakes. Its a disappointing loss but I think we took some positives from the game. If the offense can get off to a better start than they have the last 2 games they should be pretty solid. Marshall, Jeffrey and Martellus is the best trio of receiving weapons the Bears have had in a very long time.

I don't know if the game will stay like this but this opening to the Broncos/Cowboys is exactly what anyone who knows football should have expected given how many people spent the last week+ declaring the Broncos to be the greatest team ever.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Manning is just on another level right now.

You have arguably the greatest QB of all time playing the best he has ever played, behind a really good offensive line, with 2 stud outside WRs, a stud slot guy, and an unbelievable athlete at TE. Just awesome to watch.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
You have arguably the greatest QB of all time playing the best he has ever played, behind a really good offensive line, with 2 stud outside WRs, a stud slot guy, and an unbelievable athlete at TE. Just awesome to watch.

There is no arguably. This man is hands down the best of all time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
I believe one more score and the Broncos will be the highest scoring team through 5 games. Manning has now moved several ahead of the most TD's before the first thrown INT record, which was 17 coming into this game.

Manning in rare air right now.

That Bears' loss today is on Trestman. NO's D was giving up 5.5 ypc on the year, but he only gave Forte 4 first half carries. At the end of the 1st half, he didn't use a timeout. The Bears actually ended up advancing the ball to the 45-50 yard line. With 30 more seconds, they could've had another 2-3 throws.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)
That Bears' loss today is on Trestman. NO's D was giving up 5.5 ypc on the year, but he only gave Forte 4 first half carries. At the end of the 1st half, he didn't use a timeout. The Bears actually ended up advancing the ball to the 45-50 yard line. With 30 more seconds, they could've had another 2-3 throws.

Weren't Fortes first couple runs stuffed at the line?