2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
I'm not sure if Vegas does odds for the last team being undefeated, probably do but I would've easily put a little money on KC because of the first half of their schedule and the odds would've turned out such a high payout.

I was expecting KC to go 5-4, hopefully 6-3 before the bye week. I thought if things went well for them they could get to 7-2.

The game vs. Buffalo scares me because KC and Buffalo will have played for 6 straight years and so far posting a 1-4 record against the Bills. The only win came in late OT at home with the Bills being 0-6 going into the game.

The idea of Buffalo scares me, but I just look at their team and watch them play and just think there is no way KC shouldn't win that game. Of course you're right, they will probably struggle there once again, but as of now I'm expecting a victory.

From now on, until he's cut or stops becoming horrible (whichever comes first) I'm referring to Chris Conte as "The Policeman." He's a white man in a blue uniform who spends all day chasing black men.

All he needs now is a Dunkin Donuts endorsement deal.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 08:15 AM)
The idea of Buffalo scares me, but I just look at their team and watch them play and just think there is no way KC shouldn't win that game. Of course you're right, they will probably struggle there once again, but as of now I'm expecting a victory.

Buffalo could just as easily be 7-0 as they could be 0-7. They've literally had a chance to win every single game this year, they're starting to get healthy, and they have one of the best pass rushing teams in the league.

If the Bills can slow down Charles in that game, they'll have a great chance to win.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
Freeman just looks brutal. I really believed he was going to be one of the good young quarterbacks about halfway through last year.

Not sure why Leslie Frazier had him throw so damn much. That was Ravens-esque, ignoring the semi-decent running back in the backfield.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
Buffalo could just as easily be 7-0 as they could be 0-7. They've literally had a chance to win every single game this year, they're starting to get healthy, and they have one of the best pass rushing teams in the league.

If the Bills can slow down Charles in that game, they'll have a great chance to win.

Isn't the Bills offensive line pretty brutal though? Playing in Buffalo helps but Thad Lewis isn't super mobile and KC's obvious strength is their defense

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:08 AM)
Isn't the Bills offensive line pretty brutal though? Playing in Buffalo helps but Thad Lewis isn't super mobile and KC's obvious strength is their defense

No. Colin Brown was brutal, but he's been released. Lewis isn't fast, but he can get out of the pocket.

Like I said, if they can contain Charles, I think they have a pretty good chance. He's probably one of the 3 best running backs in the league right now though.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
I bet Greg Jennings wishes he was still catching passes from Aaron Rodgers.

All the Minnesota receivers were incredibly frustrated last night...throwing their hands up like, are you f'ing kidding me with these throws?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000026...ing-uncertainty

"Think about it -- he had his greatest success with Rich Gannon, who was smart and moved well but wasn't anybody's idea of a big thrower," said one source familiar with the Bears' situation. "If you're him, do you want to spend $20 million a year on Cutler, who might not be the best fit, or do you want to find someone you can mold who's efficient? And if you think about how deep this (next) draft class might be, he can identify his guy and get him relatively cheap for the next few years."

I guess what I was saying isnt to far fetched.

NFL.com's Mike Silver believes there's a "very real possibility" the Bears let Jay Cutler walk in free agency.

Silver believes Bears coach Marc Trestman "might not place as much of a premium on arm strength as some of his peers," and that Cutler has hurt his cause by remaining turnover prone. A source "familiar with the Bears' situation" agrees. "If you're (Trestman), do you want to spend $20 million a year on Cutler, who might not be the best fit, or do you want to find someone you can mold who's efficient," the source asked rhetorically. "And if you think about how deep this (next) draft class might be, he can identify his guy and get him relatively cheap for the next few years." The Bears would be gambling by throwing in the towel on Cutler, but he turns 30 in April, and has grown increasingly injury prone. It will likely at least be considered in the Windy City.

Per Rotoworld

Edited by Soxfest

NFL.com's Mike Silver believes there's a "very real possibility" the Bears let Jay Cutler walk in free agency.

Silver believes Bears coach Marc Trestman "might not place as much of a premium on arm strength as some of his peers," and that Cutler has hurt his cause by remaining turnover prone. A source "familiar with the Bears' situation" agrees. "If you're (Trestman), do you want to spend $20 million a year on Cutler, who might not be the best fit, or do you want to find someone you can mold who's efficient," the source asked rhetorically. "And if you think about how deep this (next) draft class might be, he can identify his guy and get him relatively cheap for the next few years." The Bears would be gambling by throwing in the towel on Cutler, but he turns 30 in April, and has grown increasingly injury prone. It will likely at least be considered in the Windy City.

Per rotoworld

Where is Teddy projecting in the draft?