Gavin Floyd to DL - Out 14-19 months for TJ Surgery

Balta1701

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)
That stinks, thanks for the memories Gavin. Thankfully they don't have additional years locked up in him. It's Santiago time for sure.

What memories are those? '08? Haha.

He didn't really have any stand out games that I can remember in his Sox tenure. Just a lot of frustration followed by intermittent stretches of dominance, followed immediately by more frustration haha

QUOTE (Cali @ May 2, 2013 -> 11:16 PM)
What memories are those? '08? Haha.

He didn't really have any stand out games that I can remember in his Sox tenure. Just a lot of frustration followed by intermittent stretches of dominance, followed immediately by more frustration haha

Yeah, it's called pitching. Not everyone can be lights out.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 2, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
Yeah, it's called pitching. Not everyone can be lights out.

I'm not saying he was supposed to be lights out, I'm saying he doesn't have like one defining moment. Like Danks is just as frustrating as Floyd, but he always has Game 163. Floyd was just.... there.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 2, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
I'm not saying he was supposed to be lights out, I'm saying he doesn't have like one defining moment. Like Danks is just as frustrating as Floyd, but he always has Game 163. Floyd was just.... there.

He had two or three one hitters in 2008.

It seems he's done that at least twice against the Tigers in his career.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Cali @ May 2, 2013 -> 11:23 PM)

Wtf? Who cares? He's been a solid workhorse for us for years. You know nothing about baseball if you think that's a common occurance.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 3, 2013 -> 12:14 AM)
Wtf? Who cares? He's been a solid workhorse for us for years. You know nothing about baseball if you think that's a common occurance.

Floyd is the kind of pitcher if you don't have in your rotation, you are looking for someone like him. Or have we all forgotten the White Sox fifth starter derby's?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 3, 2013 -> 07:11 AM)
Gavin has never been a top-line starter, but when you consider what the Sox had to give up to get him and what they've had to pay him, he's brought value to the team.

There's no doubt Gavin has been a valuable member of the Sox over the years. However, he never took that next step with us and it became quite clear he never would. He is what he is, a great #4 starter on a championship team and one that can eat a lot of innings.

That's nothing to complain about, but we seem to have the depth to make up for his loss.