Gavin Floyd to DL - Out 14-19 months for TJ Surgery

Balta1701

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious Gavin's ship has sailed. His career stats are mighty blah and now he's getting brittle. Jon Garland in his prime was way better than Gavin Floyd. Would you all agree he's a No. 5 starter now? Maybe a 4?

Edited by greg775

If Santiago gives just, quality starts in his time in the rotation and Danks seems close when Gavin is getting off the DL, I wonder if the Sox would consider trying to just trade Gavin for scraps or even release him outright.

Cause he's been useless for a few years now.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
Our luck has been ridiculous over the last decade, it was bound to run out at some point.

Our luck in the early 2000's was awful. Pitchers going down left and right. I still blame Nardi.

Our luck hasn't been great in the early going, but the worst injury has been to Gordon -- let's be honest, with the way Koner has been playing and with Kep heating up, that may have been a bonus. Losing Dayan hurts, but he shouldn't be out for long. Kep shouldn't be gone more than a few games and Tyler Greene has played well. Losing Gavin stinks, but his injury is minor and that is by far our deepest position.

Paulie, Rios, Dunn, Alexei, De Aza all healthy. Those are guys that could really hurt us if injured. Spare me the Dunn sucks comments, let's all agree that he has to heat up or else not a lot matters.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 04:16 AM)
If Santiago gives just, quality starts in his time in the rotation and Danks seems close when Gavin is getting off the DL, I wonder if the Sox would consider trying to just trade Gavin for scraps or even release him outright.

Cause he's been useless for a few years now.

A guy who takes the ball as much as he has, and puts up the ERA he has...while not spectacular, it's actually really, really valuable on an MLB roster.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 03:59 AM)
I think it's pretty obvious Gavin's ship has sailed. His career stats are mighty blah and now he's getting brittle. Jon Garland in his prime was way better than Gavin Floyd. Would you all agree he's a No. 5 starter now? Maybe a 4?

He is through in your opinion because of a muscle injury? What was your take on Peavy? Konerko? This is a bump in the road is all

I don't know why the Sox would ever release Floyd. He's awful in April. When has that been news? He will be awful in May. He then usually puts 2 months together of HOF performance before he turns awful again.

Personally, I would have traded him back when people here were comparing him to Halladay, but the good news is, if the Sox have to bail, he should be really hot at the trade deadline when the clock is just about at midnight and he is a pumpkin again.

Edited by Dick Allen