Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:57 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 8m

One baseball source thought #Rangers overpaid for Matt Garza. Believes #WhiteSox could get a similar haul for Peavy. http://bit.ly/12e3Tp6

View summary

From whom though?

I see that Grilli had to be carted off in the 9th. That might open demand for relievers. If they think they can win a division with Mark Melancon as their top reliever, well then, good luck to them.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:33 AM)
So something like Wong (or Matt Adams), Tyrell Jenkins & James Ramsey for Peavy if we traded with StL?

Not nearly enough, IMO, compared to the Garza haul.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
My friend thinks neither Cards or Red Sox are known for trading their top their prospects to go all in.

My friend thinks I'm special.... Like... reaaaaally speeecial.

In a special sort of way.

Not special as in likable... or lovable...

But special.

Real special.

wtf-20130722-204110.jpg

wtf?

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 12:39 AM)
Not nearly enough, IMO, compared to the Garza haul.

I think Peavy for Matt Adams straight up would be a good deal, that's how good he can be. However, I don't think the Cards have any intention of letting Adams go in any deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heym...l-peavy-suitors Not unexpected that Heyman says Red Sox and Cards emerging as top suitors of Peavy possibly with Az in the mix. That's all we've been talking about here.

Peavy and Alexei makes so much sense to the Cards its scary .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
I think Peavy for Matt Adams straight up would be a good deal, that's how good he can be. However, I don't think the Cards have any intention of letting Adams go in any deal.

You're probably right which is a shame since he seems like the odd man out in St. Louis.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heym...l-peavy-suitors Not unexpected that Heyman says Red Sox and Cards emerging as top suitors of Peavy possibly with Az in the mix. That's all we've been talking about here.

I agree. But they have to overpay for them.

I would like to see us get Stephen Piscotty. I bet they'll try to give us Carlos Martinez, too. I'm not sure how thrilled I am with Wong.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
You're probably right which is a shame since he seems like the odd man out in St. Louis.

I have heard they are planning on moving on from Freese at 3B at the end of the season to try to keep payroll in check. I would assume that means they are planning on moving Craig across the diamond and getting Adams in the lineup. Of course they could trade Adams and move Carpenter over and bring Wong up, but obviously you would think they would prefer to have Adams bat in the lineup as opposed to Wongs. Also with Taveras likely taking Beltrans spot, they probably would rather not run out two rookies everyday.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 11:56 AM)
I would like to see us get Stephen Piscotty. I bet they'll try to give us Carlos Martinez, too. I'm not sure how thrilled I am with Wong.

Wong should be a solid player - he should, by no means necessary... be the headline of a Peavy deal.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)

I prefer Jenkins to Martinez, he is further away but I think he has a huge ceiling. Wong doesn't do much for me either, not sure how he fits unless the team is moving Beckham.

Peavy, Alexei, Rios, and Reed all make a ton of sense for Boston as well.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)

I hope both AZ and Boston fall in love with Peavy, more so than STL, as I like their position player prospects more.

Rather than a blockbuster with one team, I'd like the deals spread out to multiple teams.