Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
The only guy that would be attractive from Oakland would be Grant Green (not including Russel). Jemile Weeks maybe, but definitely not the centerpiece of any deal. Overall, I don't see it.

Sonny Gray would be nice #2 piece, and would make sense since he's in line for the back of their rotation

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
The guess is going to be yes.

Honestly, we need to stop pestering bucket for information. Be glad for the info that he does share with us, and let's leave it the luxury it is. He hears more than we do, but it's generally all speculation anyways.

I say this with no means to offend bucket by any stretch of the imagination, and we are greatful of any info posters on the site can share with us behind the machinations of the White Sox organization. At the same time, it's still hearsay and most of the time, the deal falls through and nothing comes of it.

This reminds me of my entrepreneurship class. You can think of 100 good business ideas. Of those, you may be able to make legitimate progress on 10 of them. Of those 10, you MIGHT get 1 to succeed. It's not a high probablity outcome.

You're right about pestering bucket . We need to pester Rock (raines) too :P

Just saw Dan Hayes retweet a Boston writer saying that Boston can add payroll but doesn't want to give up future.

I read this and I'm thinking to myself, why even bother Boston? Have to give up something to get something especially Peavy and/or Crain. Or this could just be a bluff.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
Nix on trading with Oakland. Durham, Foulke, Swisher....all ugly.

Although those trades were probably generally our stupidity, still, no. I don't trust that organization.

This is like saying you don't draft Michigan wide receivers or USC quarterbacks or you don't trade for Yankees prospects.

#1) The last of those trades happened 5 years ago. Durham and Foulke both occurred 10+ years ago. Times have changed.

#2) The Sox got Neal Cotts. He was only good for 1 year, but he helped win a World Series. That's all I need

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Just saw Dan Hayes retweet a Boston writer saying that Boston can add payroll but doesn't want to give up future.

I read this and I'm thinking to myself, why even bother Boston? Have to give up something to get something especially Peavy and/or Crain. Or this could just be a bluff.

It is going to be the Cardinals; I just feel it :) Oh, by the way, the White Sox have had multiple scouts at all the games of the Cardinals home stand.

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
Nix on trading with Oakland. Durham, Foulke, Swisher....all ugly.

Although those trades were probably generally our stupidity, still, no. I don't trust that organization.

We're kind of assuming and hoping that salary dumping isn't a prime Sox motivation.

I hope we're correct in that assumption.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)

The only way we should make a deal with Oakland is if all players we get in return are PTBNL, that's really the only way Billy Beane has surrendered good talent to the Sox over the years. Oakland PTBNL's were key to building the '05 World Series Roster.

Cotts was a PTBNL in the Foulke/Koch deal and Miguel Olivo was acquired as a PTBNL in exchange for Chad Bradford.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
It is going to be the Cardinals; I just feel it :) Oh, by the way, the White Sox have had multiple scouts at all the games of the Cardinals home stand.

Mike, you're a Cardinals fan, what would you give up for Peavy or Peavy and Crain?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
The only way we should make a deal with Oakland is if all players we get in return are PTBNL, that's really the only way Billy Beane has surrendered good talent to the Sox over the years. Oakland PTBNL's were key to building the '05 World Series Roster.

Cotts was a PTBNL in the Foulke/Koch deal and Miguel Olivo was acquired as a PTBNL in exchange for Chad Bradford.

Lol agreed. I prefer to not trade with them. At all. Trading with that team just scares me.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
This is like saying you don't draft Michigan wide receivers or USC quarterbacks or you don't trade for Yankees prospects.

#1) The last of those trades happened 5 years ago. Durham and Foulke both occurred 10+ years ago. Times have changed.

#2) The Sox got Neal Cotts. He was only good for 1 year, but he helped win a World Series. That's all I need

I don't get it, so are you saying the Chet Lemon trade of '75 shouldn't factor into Rick Hahn's decision making?

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
The only guy that would be attractive from Oakland would be Grant Green (not including Russel). Jemile Weeks maybe, but definitely not the centerpiece of any deal. Overall, I don't see it.

Why was Grant Green moved away from SS? Can he not defensively play the position?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
I'd want Freiman and Taylor+ or Choice and Head+ from Oakland.

Wow, that would not nearly be enough for Peavy. If you're trading with the A's, you need to get a few players like Gray, Straily, Choice, Russell.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
Not to nitpick, but I'd bet a lot of people would put Sano ahead of him as well.

Perhaps, but I haven't seen any midseason lists that have done so yet. Regardless, Bogaerts is safely in the "untouchable unless I'm Dayton Moore" category.