Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 01:33 AM)
Danny Knobbler tweeted scouts say Rios is playing with zero energy.

If I was a scout, I wouldn't care about Rios' energy in a meaningless game. You'd have to hope that being in a pennant race and the chance to make the postseason for the first time in his career would be enough motivation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
If I was a scout, I wouldn't care about Rios' energy in a meaningless game. You'd have to hope that being in a pennant race and the chance to make the postseason for the first time in his career would be enough motivation.

Maybe, but you aren't going to give up anything of significance to find out, and that is what matters for the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)

It's not like he's been a s***ty player for a team that has been out of it from the get-go

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 12:41 AM)
Maybe, but you aren't going to give up anything of significance to find out, and that is what matters for the Sox.

Teams can just review film from last year's 2nd half to see how he responded to a pennant race. If a team doesn't want him because of his energy, they probably weren't ever serious about him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 07:41 PM)

Heyman said Rios has a good reputation around the league...so I would throw that report out the window

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
Danny Knobbler tweeted scouts say Rios is playing with zero energy.

Damn, so he is hitting .421/.450/.684/1.134 since the AS break and he hasn't even been trying?!