Hey! There's a Sox game on now! 7/27/13

Brian

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)
For those of us not watching, what did Rios do?

Keppinger hit a line drive to right that Lough made a great diving catch on, Rios went halfway down the line and didn't tag. It was the tying run. Gillaspie struck out, game over

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
Do you really think that with the pitching staff we have that the sox are going to rebuild. It goes against everything this team has done for years.

That was Kenny. This is all Hahn now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
Keppinger hit a line drive to right that Lough made a great diving catch on, Rios went halfway down the line and didn't tag. It was the tying run. Gillaspie struck out, game over

That sounds about right. Thanks.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:45 AM)
Oh would you just shut the hell up already. Jesus Christ take your meds and have a nap.

Are you serious? After watching that moronic play you are not FURIOUS like me?? It is an insult to the game of baseball to watch what just happened. Infuriating.

That play was a little tougher than we're making it seem. If he stays at third and the ball hits the ground (especially with no dive), he can't score. He basically had to decide in mid-air if it was more likely to be caught or not caught. He thought it wouldn't be caught, because of course it shouldn't have been.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
Do you really think that with the pitching staff we have that the sox are going to rebuild. It goes against everything this team has done for years.

That wasnt the point. The point is some of you act like nobody is going to get traded next week

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
Are you serious? After watching that moronic play you are not FURIOUS like me?? It is an insult to the game of baseball to watch what just happened. Infuriating.

I'd be a hell of a lot more mad if this was last season. Now, it's just 2013 White Sox baseball and one game closer to the deadline and an eventual top 5 pick.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)

No because it doesnt matter what Rios does you just spout the same s*** over and over again. Take your pills and hit the bed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
I could think of 20 off the top of my head that were more unlikable and worst contributors.

I could probably think of 50 if we limit it to worst contributors . But wow really Rios ? Playing baseball your whole life, you know you can walk home on a hit and you run down the line with a ball in the air ???

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
That play was a little tougher than we're making it seem. If he stays at third and the ball hits the ground (especially with no dive), he can't score. He basically had to decide in mid-air if it was more likely to be caught or not caught. He thought it wouldn't be caught, because of course it shouldn't have been.

Rex Hudler did the same thing I did. Broke out into laughter at Rios' play.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
Not really, but go ahead and rant some more

Why, at best that decision is to play for a tie. Viciedo is one of the only guys hitting well on the team right now, and was more than likely going to bat again.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
I could probably think of 50 if we limit it to worst contributors . But wow really Rios ? Playing baseball your whole life, you know you can walk home on a hit and you run down the line with a ball in the air ???

Let's be fair. He can't walk home on that hit if he's standing on third when it hits the ground. Juan Pierre could throw him out with the way that was hit right to the outfielder.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:49 AM)
No because it doesnt matter what Rios does you just spout the same s*** over and over again. Take your pills and hit the bed.

Don't blame the messenger. I freak out when he does something insanely bad that costs us games. The last time I freaked was his infamous not running it out.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)

This. Though I have no idea how good Loughs arm is. If he lets the ball drop and makes an accurate throw Rios is cooked anyway. All of Loughs momentum was going toward home plate.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 07:48 PM)

Kind of agree and I feel real bad for Sale but I want this team to lose. That's how bad they are and it infuriates me that I feel this way, but I WANT them to lose. In all my years, I've never felt this way.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:50 AM)
Rios is still hitting .313/.333/.469 in the 2nd half. If it weren't for those "scout" things we might be able to move him for a decent return.

I don't think for one second a scout cares about that play in the 9th. If anything, they might think they can get him to care more playing on a better team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Why, at best that decision is to play for a tie. Viciedo is one of the only guys hitting well on the team right now, and was more than likely going to bat again.

He is also a terrible defender and if you do tie or take the lead the better defense is already on the field. Don't act like other coaches don't make that switch