ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLBPA statement

"The Players Association has been in regular contact with the Commissioner's Office regarding the Biogenesis investigation. They are in the process of interviewing players, and every player has been or will be represented by an attorney from the Players Association. The Commissioner's Office has assured us that no decisions regarding discipline have been made or will be made until those interviews are completed. It would be unfortunate if anyone prejudged those investigations.

"The Players Association has every interest in both defending the rights of players and in defending the integrity of our joint program. We trust that the Commissioner's Office shares these interests."

Per MLBRUMORS

Shocked they want to get to the bottom of things...............RIGHT!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
His OPS went from .905 in 2004 to .736 in 2005, so yeah, you can tell when they started testing.

Of course, he did then repeat that huge season with the Phillies in 2007 when there was a better testing program in place, just to note.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
Hopefully they all get suspended but Peralta, A-Rod, Braun and Colon would make me happy.

As far as the speculation with Rowand, while I in no way doubt that he was using, is there any evidence or rumors other than his stats/production changes?

People would also say body type, but he's just one of those guys that makes me hate everything about this era.

People have big years/career years all the time, people have years they never come close to repeating, they did it before steroids existed, they're doing it today, but for that 15 year period, you can't tell who had a big year because of chemistry and who just had a big year.

Drives me bleeping nuts.

If you're not a moron, it would be fairly easy to get around this testing policy. It will restrict which steroids you can use and it will take quite a bit of micromanagement, but it is totally possible to manipulate that T:E ratio to evade the red flag. You should follow Victor Conte on twitter, he talks about this stuff fairly often...he is a consultant for some testing organizations and he said it would be extremely easy to beat the program right now too.

I believe at least a portion of the players are even exempt from offseason testing. Many steroids become undetectable in days, if not hours. I noticed that they actually now allow for nandrolone at a certain level to appear on a test because of Michael Morse who continued to re-test positive because nandrolone is detectable for years.

If you had someone smart advising you and no one found the records of your purchase, I'd say the odds of getting caught are on the order of 1 in 1000.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
If you're not a moron, it would be fairly easy to get around this testing policy. It will restrict which steroids you can use and it will take quite a bit of micromanagement, but it is totally possible to manipulate that T:E ratio to evade the red flag. You should follow Victor Conte on twitter, he talks about this stuff fairly often...he is a consultant for some testing organizations and he said it would be extremely easy to beat the program right now too.

I believe at least a portion of the players are even exempt from offseason testing. Many steroids become undetectable in days, if not hours. I noticed that they actually now allow for nandrolone at a certain level to appear on a test because of Michael Morse who continued to re-test positive because nandrolone is detectable for years.

If you had someone smart advising you and no one found the records of your purchase, I'd say the odds of getting caught are on the order of 1 in 1000.

That might have been the case with the previous policy I'll grant, but MLB was supposedly basically switching to the olympic testing model this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
That might have been the case with the previous policy I'll grant, but MLB was supposedly basically switching to the olympic testing model this year.

AFAIK both MLB and the Olympics use T/E ratio as basis for further testing.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)

And they also do long-term monitoring so that it's not just the ratio but also the abundances that could trigger a more detailed look.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
And they also do long-term monitoring so that it's not just the ratio but also the abundances that could trigger a more detailed look.

I know the Olympics reserve the right use CIR, but does MLB even keep unflagged samples?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
Again, I think they started this year.

I see what they are doing now -- link -- they will keep the T/E data from each test, so variances from the average cause a red flag rather than only a certain minimum value. That's a significant improvement. Doesn't appear that they are keeping the physical samples, though. The T/E baseline data is a big step, though.

T.J. Quinn ‏@TJQuinnESPN 3m

ARod: "I am down here doing my job and working hard and will continue to do so until I'm back playing." (4/4)

ARod: "As I have said previously, I am working out every day to getback on the field and help the Yankees win a championship." (3/4)

"I would hope this thing would follow the guidelines of our Basic Agreement. I will monitor the situation & comment when appropriate" (2/4)

ARod statement on Biogenesis: "Myself and others are being mentioned in a media report before the process is even concluded..." (1/4)

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)

This is the only way to truly get an accurrate test. There are so many unknown substances out there that they do not know what to test for. However if you have the baseline you can test fort he effects.

Listening to Coach & Company show earlier & Victor Conte was saying he believes 50% of players in baseball today are still cheating. Says it's way to easy to get around.

Says players take these lifesaver type things or creams after ballgames & it raises their testosterone level which brings nitrogen to the tissue & accelerates healing & recovery & by the time they show back up the next day their levels are back down.

He said they need a CIR test which can detect these kind of things up to 2 weeks after & they would be busting guys left & right.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
Listening to Coach & Company show earlier & Victor Conte was saying he believes 50% of players in baseball today are still cheating. Says it's way to easy to get around.

Says players take these lifesaver type things or creams after ballgames & it raises their testosterone level which brings nitrogen to the tissue & accelerates healing & recovery & by the time they show back up the next day their levels are back down.

He said they need a CIR test which can detect these kind of things up to 2 weeks after & they would be busting guys left & right.

Why exactly is a cream like that illegal as opposed to other creams that are not?