ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
While I think Braun getting off on a technicality is pretty weak last time around, I dont know if I agree with MLB deciding to ignore write the rules as they go and skip over the 50 game suspension and go straight to the 100 game suspension.

MLB would be doing 2 simultaneous penalties, one for juicing and one for lying to investigators, not anything to do with the previous positive test, according to the article.

Says they successfully did that with the minor leaguer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
MLB would be doing 2 simultaneous penalties, one for juicing and one for lying to investigators, not anything to do with the previous positive test, according to the article.

Says they successfully did that with the minor leaguer.

I realize he has some records and such, but MLB is putting awful lot of stock into one man's testimony. I would think the MLB players union will be ready to jump all over him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm beginning to feel like some ramifications should start happening to the teams.

The Tigers reaped the benefits of Peralta last year. Brewers made money pff Braun's MVP

It would be more effective if they did that, but it would be hard to implement since the league represents the owners and it would probably punish the wrong party in many cases, even if sometimes they knowingly turn a blind eye.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
It would be more effective if they did that, but it would be hard to implement since the league represents the owners and it would probably punish the wrong party in many cases, even if sometimes they knowingly turn a blind eye.

You can argue that Peralta might have cost the White Sox MILLIONS of dollars (just from playoff revenue and season ticket renewals and not having to lower ticket packages)...and put the entire organization into a tailspin.

It can be argued, but never proven.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
I'm not usually one who revels in another's misfortunes, but this warms the cockles of my heart.

f*** that. The last thing I want is the Yankees to not have to suffer through that disaster of a deal. I want it to hurt them for the next four years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
f*** that. The last thing I want is the Yankees to not have to suffer through that disaster of a deal. I want it to hurt them for the next four years.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id...cording-sources

This is from the off-season when they said the Yankees were waiting for official action from MLB before going forth with trying to void the contract.

Lawyers will get PAID, we know that much.