ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to punish teams with roiders:

1) Add a tax to contracts of players caught ONCE THEY SIGN A NEW DEAL.

So with something like a 50% tax, let's say Gio gets a $20M contract. Whoever gives it to him has to now give $10M to MLB charities. It'll discourage signing roiders.

2) Each player caught roiding with a team causes that team to lose a draft pick.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 11:14 PM)
How to punish teams with roiders:

1) Add a tax to contracts of players caught ONCE THEY SIGN A NEW DEAL.

So with something like a 50% tax, let's say Gio gets a $20M contract. Whoever gives it to him has to now give $10M to MLB charities. It'll discourage signing roiders.

2) Each player caught roiding with a team causes that team to lose a draft pick.

MLB Player's Union would never in a million years agree with #1.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 06:02 AM)
Gio would be an obvious one.

The initial reports said Gio Gonzalez wasn't included on the list.

Then, it seemed the list was expanding by the minute...with Gio's obvious South Florida connections being one strike against him, and his name having been rumored in the past in association with PED's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
f*** that. The last thing I want is the Yankees to not have to suffer through that disaster of a deal. I want it to hurt them for the next four years.

Oh, by all means. I said that I usually wouldn't bask in someone's misery. In this case, though, it couldn't have happened to a better guy. The comedy in this when it comes to A-Rod is- I bet if you walked around Yankee Stadium polling people, they would probably have some of the stronger opinions in regards to him crashing and burning spectacularly. There doesn't seem to be too much any love for him in that city.

If this case leads to a wider crackdown on PED use in MLB, it could play to the advantage of the Sox. 2005 was right after the last big increase in steroid testing, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the Sox won 99 games that year.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
If this case leads to a wider crackdown on PED use in MLB, it could play to the advantage of the Sox. 2005 was right after the last big increase in steroid testing, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the Sox won 99 games that year.

Their centerfielder was an obvious PED user, and their backup IF would later fail a test.

Their centerfielder was an obvious PED user, and their backup IF would later fail a test.

Well, I don't think any team was 100% clean, but it's not unreasonable to say that the Sox got a much lower contribution from PED users compared to other teams, and the Sox didn't waste any time finding a place to ship that CF once the full testing kicked in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
No, but Cano's not supposed to be on it

Apparently the name of his charitable foundation's president is on the ledgers. That probably means she was acting as conduit and not using steroids herself.

Gio Gonzalez's name appears as buying an OTC, perfectly legal supplement. He is probably off the hook. The other people were clearly incriminated by the ledger, there's no reason Bosch would have written down something false in his personal notebook to protect somebody he never knew would need protection.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 08:06 AM)
In addition to being suspended, I hope Braun gets sued by the guy who's career he basically f***ed over to get out of getting caught a couple years ago

Well, technically said guy didn't do his job properly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)
How many of those names would be being busted based on double jeopardy? I see Colon and Cabrera on that list as guys who have already served a suspension.

I think the fact that Bartolo Colon is in his third or fourth prime, probably all aided by roids, is one of the biggest laughers out there. Oh sure, guy was out of the game for a bit, but no big deal. He's awesome again naturally! He re-figured it out! What a gamer!

The f***ing 40 year old has 42 strikeouts against 4 walks on the season with a 1.05 WHIP. This is a guy who couldn't get any one out from 2006 to 2007 and only started 25 games in 2008 and 2009. Then he magically misses the 2010 season and comes back with the Yankees. Since then, his age 39 and 40 seasons have been the best he's produced statistically since 2002 with the Indians/MONTREAL EXPOS.

GMAB. This is so blatantly obvious I hope he's banned for life.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
I think the fact that Bartolo Colon is in his third or fourth prime, probably all aided by roids, is one of the biggest laughers out there. Oh sure, guy was out of the game for a bit, but no big deal. He's awesome again naturally! He re-figured it out! What a gamer!

The f***ing 40 year old has 42 strikeouts against 4 walks on the season with a 1.05 WHIP. This is a guy who couldn't get any one out from 2006 to 2007 and only started 25 games in 2008 and 2009. Then he magically misses the 2010 season and comes back with the Yankees. Since then, his age 39 and 40 seasons have been the best he's produced statistically since 2002 with the Indians/MONTREAL EXPOS.

GMAB. This is so blatantly obvious I hope he's banned for life.

You're trying to tell me we should be suspicious of guys who go from averaging 89 MPH with their fastball at age 36 to 92 MPH on their fastball at age 38? Why? Are you going to try and tell me that Barry Bonds used steroids too?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)
You're trying to tell me we should be suspicious of guys who go from averaging 89 MPH with their fastball at age 36 to 92 MPH on their fastball at age 38? Why? Are you going to try and tell me that Barry Bonds used steroids too?

I just can't believe the media and fans allow it.