Sox Sign Jose Abreu - 6/$68 million

beck72

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
Knobler is a guy to keep an eye on, he is always on point and doesn't report until its definite FWIW. This would suck so bad the last time I got this excited only to be sick to my stomach disappointed was when everyone was saying we were going to land Miggy only to lose him to DET, we know how that worked out. I rather have Hahn overpay not to see this guy be a superstar for Texas the next 5-8 years. Please Hahn pleas!!!

I sure got the impression that his source was Sullivan.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 01:32 AM)
The time stamp says 4:51 pm. Even central time that's well before Rosenthals latest stuff.

From that article:

Some people involved believed Thursday that the White Sox were front-runners, but MLB.com reported Thursday night that the Rangers have strong interest, and a source confirmed their involvement.

QUOTE (Baron @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
@Evan_P_Grant: As interested as #Rangers are in Abreu, I'm hearing White Sox are still expected to get him at $68 million.

https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant

Rangers beat writer

I would love for this to be announced after the game as just be over. I really would be giddyif he's the start of the "rebuild".

QUOTE (Baron @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Honestly what it sounds like is someone is trying to stir something up just for the heck of it

Or it could be like what happened with Dye when he signed with the Sox. I think it was the Rangers then as well who made an offer higher than the Sox after he basically agreed to the Sox offer. He did the honorable thing and stuck to his word. Maybe this is similar.

QUOTE (Baron @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
I would like to add...the guy's tweet I posted was one of the first to get the Rios trade...pretty reliable which is why I follow him.

That's what I hate about team beat writers. Some are great and some are completely full of s*** and there's so many its hard to get a good grasp on who to believe

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
Or it could be like what happened with Dye when he signed with the Sox. I think it was the Rangers then as well who made an offer higher than the Sox after he basically agreed to the Sox offer. He did the honorable thing and stuck to his word. Maybe this is similar.

Right and thats possible. What it seems like the bidding did was everyone put their bids in a pool. The top guys then start to bid against each other.