Sox Sign Jose Abreu - 6/$68 million

beck72

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are "definitely making a push" to land Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier that Abreu was close to a six-year, $68 million deal, with the White Sox representing his likely landing spot. However, Sullivan was told by one source familiar with the negotiations that the Rangers "are expected to land him." We should know Abreu's ultimately destination soon.

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are "definitely making a push" to land Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier that Abreu was close to a six-year, $68 million deal, with the White Sox representing his likely landing spot. However, Sullivan was told by one source familiar with the negotiations that the Rangers "are expected to land him." We should know Abreu's ultimately destination soon.

Per Rotoworld

I do not know what to think at this point!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
OK. Rosenthal said this s*** is done and even gave numbers. Some worthless beat reporter of the biggest joke team in the league isn't going to convince me.

:cheers

GO SOX. get that big bat.

But he never said the sox for sure, he said he thought it was the sox ;)

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)

Knobler is a guy to keep an eye on, he is always on point and doesn't report until its definite FWIW. This would suck so bad the last time I got this excited only to be sick to my stomach disappointed was when everyone was saying we were going to land Miggy only to lose him to DET, we know how that worked out. I rather have Hahn overpay not to see this guy be a superstar for Texas the next 5-8 years. Please Hahn pleas!!!