Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 11:56 PM)
I never had a major problem with Carmody the coach. The recruiting was terrible though, they went through most of his tenure without having 5 legit Big Ten players on the same roster. Some blame him for that more than the lack of facilities/history (I personally went about 25/75). They also had terrible injury luck when they actually did have the talent.

The keep getting slightly more talented and this next class seems like the best one NU has had. They're still winning like 3 Big Ten games though, especially if they have injury issues (Crawford is already hurt).

It just seems like the perfect place for that scheme. You aren't going to pull the street ballers from Chicago but you can target the upscale shooters from the area who value an education and pull the random top recruit once in awhile.

I don't know. I just don't like them trying to match up toe to toe with other teams. Nw players arent going to play ISO

The problem is their recruiting system is poor. They need an overhaul for all sports. Push academics.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 06:40 AM)
It just seems like the perfect place for that scheme. You aren't going to pull the street ballers from Chicaproblem but you can target the upscale shooters from the area who value an education and pull the random top recruit once in awhile.

I don't know. I just don't like them trying to match up toe to toe with other teams. Nw players arent going to play ISO

The problem is their recruiting system is poor. They need an overhaul for all sports. Push academics.

Northwestern has relaxed its academic standards for recruits in the last ten years or so there was no reason for Carmody to recruit as poor as he did. I agree his system wasn't the problem but there's no sense in keeping anyone around if you can't make the tournament in CBB, something Carmody proved he couldn't do.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 11:50 PM)
Huh? HS? Pretty sure he's talking about the game from a few weeks ago.

Yeah but Parker may have fouled out, but it certainly wasn't because of Wiggins like he said. Two winning shots is also a big stretch.

EDIT: I guess he means Parker's 5th foul was committed against Wiggins. Okay, guess that makes more sense, but still ridiculous to read anything into, particularly on a break away.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Yeah but Parker may have fouled out, but it certainly wasn't because of Wiggins like he said. Two winning shots is also a big stretch.

EDIT: I guess he means Parker's 5th foul was committed against Wiggins. Okay, guess that makes more sense, but still ridiculous to read anything into, particularly on a break away.

And there was the clutch step back jumper before that. I think the point was that Wiggins closed that game out for Kansas.

Where are everybody's B1G/ACC Challenge predictions?

I'll start:

Illinois @ GT

Indiana @ Syracuse

Penn State @ Pitt

MI @ Duke

ND @ Iowa

FlaSt @ Minn

Maryland @ OSU

WIS @ Va

NW @ NCSt

NC @ MSU

BC @ Purdue

Miami @ Neb

Did someone remind Crean that 'Cuse plays zone? Someone should text him.

My predictions:

Illinois over GT

Cuse over IU

Pitt over PSU

Mich over Duke

Iowa over ND

FSU over Minn

OSU over UMD

Wisconsin over UVa

NCST over NU

NC over MSU

Purdue over BC

Miami over Neb

Tie, 6-6.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
Where are everybody's B1G/ACC Challenge predictions?

I'll start:

Illinois @ GT

Indiana @ Syracuse

Penn State @ Pitt

MI @ Duke

ND @ Iowa

FlaSt @ Minn

Maryland @ OSU

WIS @ Va

NW @ NCSt

NC @ MSU

BC @ Purdue