2013-14 off season player movement thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
When did AJ get signed?

December 4th.

What's impressive is that right after he signed, he donated both kidneys to sick children and saved 10 puppies from a house fire , all while travelling to the Phillipines to bring relief supplies to the typhoon victims. And he did all this while wearing a #40 jersey in honor of the Hawk (because his #12 jersey was at the cleaners).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
December 4th.

What's impressive is that right after he signed, he donated both kidneys to sick children and saved 10 puppies from a house fire , all while travelling to the Phillipines to bring relief supplies to the typhoon victims. And he did all this while wearing a #40 jersey in honor of the Hawk (because his #12 jersey was at the cleaners).

And it didn't even stop him from being an insufferable prick. What's a brother to do?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Boone Logan 3 years $16.5 million from Colorado. He pitches about 40 innings a year. That is $137,500 per inning for Boone Logan. Good work if you can get it.

That's a ton of money for a LOOGY who isn't even that good.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
That's a ton of money for a LOOGY who isn't even that good.

I thought he was decent? Last two seasons, lefties had OPS of .665 & .650 against. I'm not justifying the contract, but I remember thinking he wasn't that bad.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
I thought he was decent? Last two seasons, lefties had OPS of .665 & .650 against. I'm not justifying the contract, but I remember thinking he wasn't that bad.

He's not bad, he's just not that good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 31m

Mark Ellis got $5.25M base plus incentives on 1-yr deal. #STLCards as @Ken_Rosenthal said

Now they get to move Carpenter to 3B.