2013-14 off season player movement thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
Boras always thinks he can get more money, and he will always have stats that show players worth to the bidding teams. Im sure he has his own "proper" figure in mind.

Im sure Choo is sweating a little bit, because I agree with you, that seems like a really nice contract for him. He is somewhat challenged vs lefties, no?

Yeah he is, which is why he should've taken that money. He could bop homers all day in pinstripes.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
Let's not forget that in the last Boras mega-deal, they turned down the offer, the team pulled its offer, and then the team came back with $25 million more to get the deal done.

Arod?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
Wait, you're right, Canos deal wasn't boras. Doh. Anyway, that's how Canos deal went down.

I just don't know how that would go down with the Yankees though. With Cano, he could use the Yankees as leverage. Choo doesn't get that luxury here

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
I just don't know how that would go down with the Yankees though. With Cano, he could use the Yankees as leverage. Choo doesn't get that luxury here

The Yankees pretty clearly weren't going beyond $175 million and Seattle upped their $200 million offer anyway.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
The Yankees pretty clearly weren't going beyond $175 million and Seattle upped their $200 million offer anyway.

Thats my point, Choo cannot go to the Yankees and say "Well, someone out there is going to offer me more than you" because more than likely, that isnt true. Cano could go to the Mariners and say "weeeeell the yankees are going to offer me 25 million more" and it would be believable.

If I were the Yankees I would go hardline on Boras/Choo. 7/140, take it or leave it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
Thats my point, Choo cannot go to the Yankees and say "Well, someone out there is going to offer me more than you" because more than likely, that isnt true. Cano could go to the Mariners and say "weeeeell the yankees are going to offer me 25 million more" and it would be believable.

If I were the Yankees I would go hardline on Boras/Choo. 7/140, take it or leave it.

That deal was offered before Beltran signed. They wouldn't do that anymore.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:27 AM)
You guys want to hear a stupid stat?

In 2004, Barry Bonds had a 37.6% walk rate. That was more than the #2 and #3 most walked players COMBINED.

That's because MLB pitchers were like Playing Ken Griffey Jr Baseball for him. His hot zone graph was all red, no blue

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:27 AM)
You guys want to hear a stupid stat?

In 2004, Barry Bonds had a 37.6% walk rate. That was more than the #2 and #3 most walked players COMBINED.

Watching Bonds at his juiced up prime was an absolute treat. It's amazing he hit as many homers as he did considering how few good pitches he would see.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 06:39 AM)
Watching Bonds at his juiced up prime was an absolute treat. It's amazing he hit as many homers as he did considering how few good pitches he would see.

All juicers and juicing were not created equally. Many or most juicers were following regimens with second-hand advice from pseudo-medical/trainer types. Bonds was the lab rat for the cutting edge of the science.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)

I will disagree a little here. I admit that I didn't watch Bonds all that often because, well quite frankly he sickened me. The times that I did watch him I was amazed that he didn't hit a lot more than he did. It definitely seemed that the umpires were ordered to not call a strike on him unless it was right down the heart of the plate. Uncle Bud was trying to bring fans back to the game after the strike and gave Bonds every opportunity to hit as many as he could. If I was a pitcher I think that I would of aimed it right at his swollen noggin, I would of probably been the "hero" of most baseball purists.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
I will disagree a little here. I admit that I didn't watch Bonds all that often because, well quite frankly he sickened me. The times that I did watch him I was amazed that he didn't hit a lot more than he did. It definitely seemed that the umpires were ordered to not call a strike on him unless it was right down the heart of the plate. Uncle Bud was trying to bring fans back to the game after the strike and gave Bonds every opportunity to hit as many as he could. If I was a pitcher I think that I would of aimed it right at his swollen noggin, I would of probably been the "hero" of most baseball purists.

He got 120 intentional walks that season. LMAO, that is just ridiculous

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
He got 120 intentional walks that season. LMAO, that is just ridiculous

Selig ordered those intentional walks to throw people off so they wouldn't catch on. Bonds was such a likable figure, he alone brought baseball back.