2014 AL Central catch-all thread

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
Never would have thought a month ago that the Tigers and A's might be headed for a one-game elimination playoff.

And three weeks ago, a lot of people were giving them a free ride to an ALCS clash of the titans because they acquired some pitching at the trade deadline. Baseball's weird.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still kind of have to see it to believe it regarding the Royals actually winning the division. I guess it's possible. I can see Hosmer wrecking the chemistry when he returns and KC slumping. Will Detroit take advantage is the question?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
I still kind of have to see it to believe it regarding the Royals actually winning the division. I guess it's possible. I can see Hosmer wrecking the chemistry when he returns and KC slumping. Will Detroit take advantage is the question?

why?

They'll just move Butler back to 1B and Ibanez would be more of a PH/role player. It's not like he's not ancient and hitting in the 100's. In fact, he might have more value providing veteran leadership on the bench than anything else, having gone through a number of pennant races in his career.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 11:01 PM)
why?

They'll just move Butler back to 1B and Ibanez would be more of a PH/role player. It's not like he's not ancient and hitting in the 100's. In fact, he might have more value providing veteran leadership on the bench than anything else, having gone through a number of pennant races in his career.

Butler loves playing first base and I think Hosmer might be a prima donna. No proof.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 1m

Anibal Sanchez aggravated his right pectoral strain and is highly unlikely to pitch Saturday, manager Brad Ausmus says.

Ausmus is going to be an offseason sacrificial lamb.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
I wonder just how desperate Detroit is for starting pitching... :P

Smyly has actually pitched better than Price, but that's not even the biggest problem.

At any rate, they're not going to trade for Danks, even if we offered him ala Alex Rios....take the contract and he's yours.

If you want to blame any individual trade, it has to be the Fister move, along with the theory that their bullpen was close to strong enough coming in the season, that CF could easily be covered without Austin Jackson's presence and that Suarez could stand up to the pressure all season, along with JD Martinez and Rajai Davis.

DD bears more responsibility than Ausmus, IMO.